Kozume Kenma - Shift Pt 4

Au: Regular (timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: Dual POV, use of a pseudonym (username: ForestFire) instead of (Y/N) in most cases, swearing.

Word Count: 1.6k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You were so fucking loud.

Even with a headset on, surrounded by a crowd of game developers chatting up a storm and the game of the year at his fingertips, you were louder. The room seemed to hang on your every word as they fell from your lips, and the spotlights were frantically glued to your frame. He wasn't supposed to be watching you or how your perfectly formed outfit fit your shoulders, hips, and waist or how your laugh bubbled up and blessed his ears.

Kenma huffed looking away to try and focus on the game in front of him. "I like the MC. What's their name again?"

His chat popped up with the answer easily, Tye. Tye was a gentle, monotone-sounding character, calm and forceful with their words, confident without being loud.

Kenma nodded in thanks to his chat. "The voice actor is really good. I like their voice."

Again your laughter cut through his headset, sharp, excitable laughter that made his ears ring. Kenma glanced at his screen that showed his camera's view, finding you in the background, laughing at whatever Hux said, and smacking his shoulder. Kenma glared before looking at the time.

"It's time for me to get off, I will be playing on stream, don't worry."

He logged off fast, hardly realising he had just finished the first few minutes of the newest instalment of his favourite series.

"Fern," he grumbled, taking up the non-existent space by your side and cutting Kenji off from being able to brush his shoulder against yours.

"Ken! How did your first play go, did you like it?" Kenji seemed none the wiser to Kenma stealing his spot.

"It was mostly cutscenes, but it looks amazing. I like the main character too. Their voice is nice."

Next to him, your feet shuffled, nudging his on accident. He glances, taking a breath as your wide eyes meet his. "I'll keep that in mind! What did you like about their voice?"

Now closer to him, your voice was much sharper as you tried to speak over the bustling crowd.

"They're different from the other characters who were loud and ambitious. Tye is mellow and calculating, and their voice matches."

You smiled at him before turning to the other gamers, Kenma remained focused on you, though.

A hum went over the hall's speakers before the man who had been conducting the event appeared on stage. "Hello, and thank you for everyone's attendance, either in person or online. Thank you for being here to experience this as we launch what is our most anticipated game yet. You have already seen the first few minutes of play-through as played by our guests Kodzuken and ForestFire. By tomorrow morning, the game will hit the shelves for you to buy in-store and finally experience yourselves after months of anticipation."