Semi Eita - Let Me Live

Soulmate Au: First Words, Timeskip

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader, swearing, innuendos,

Word Count: 7k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Don't forget, we have to be there by 7!" Masaki sends to your phone, reminding you about a concert you're supposed to go to in the evening.

A thump rings through the wall.

You groan, setting down your pitcher of steamed milk to glare at the wall behind you. Music from the club next door rattles the shelves, causing some plates to clink together. It's not even noon yet, and the band has started warming up, much louder than anyone could appreciate.

Cheery Cafe and The Local easily juxtaposed each other.

From the back kitchen, your boss emerges, rolling his eyes. "Already?"

"Yup!" You call over a particularly loud strum that rumbles the walls.

Coming from downstairs, your coworker emerges with an armful of coffee beans and a grimace painting her face. "I swear they have a speaker pressed against our wall." She joins you behind the counter, dropping into a low square to slide the bags into the open shelf space behind your legs.

"I wouldn't be surprised." You huff. "The owner's an ass."

"Watch it, kiddo." Your boss huffs a laugh.

"You said it first!" You shoot back, but he walks out without a response. Mina follows behind with an empty pitcher.

"Wait! Can you make a note?! We're low on flour!"

"Got it!" You grab a pen and notepad just as another blast of guitar rings through the walls.

A customer enters. Hands over their ears.

"Hi, your ears okay?" You laugh slightly as the door shuts behind them.

"I may go deaf."

"Join the club."

"Already a part of it, sadly." They sigh, taking out their earplugs.

You lean against the counter. "Ah, part of the enemy. Which are you, staff or player?"

"Roadie."

"I'm so sorry."

Laughing, the roadie brushed a hand through their grown-out buzzed hair. "This is the loudest they've been all tour. They're finally home, so it's all out for friends and family."

The shelf rattles again, and you quickly spin to catch a cup before it falls to the floor. "Glad to be a part of the experience."

"Sorry, I'll tell them to tone down, but I can't promise they will."

"I don't expect much. Anyways, you're here for a reason. What can I get you?"

"I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do to you." They wince.

You sigh, hands on the counter. "Please don't say it."

"I'm sorry."

"Please just be quiet."

"Sorry." They place a piece of paper that was ripped from a notebook on the counter in front of you.

You stare helplessly at the text-filled sheet before groaning and calling back toward the kitchen. "I'm gonna need help out here!"

Kaziyoshi emerges, with a concerned look on his face, quickly followed by Mina. Kaziyoshi glances at the paper. "Oh lord."

"I hope you're not paying for this yourself." You sigh, taking it with you to check out. "There's even specialty drinks on here. Did you look up our menu?"