Miya Atsumu - Swan Dive

Au: Kingdom (Green or Gold universe cause I can)

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader though their position is more likely held by a girl (cause dance, particularly Pas de Deux), please read Green or Gold first to avoid spoilers for it in this one, light swearing

Word Count: 5.3k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Atsumu stood at the large doors of the ballroom adjacent to his towering friend that kept his eyes sharp and focused on the wandering crowd of royals. The faux blond swayed on his heels, feeling the gentle sway of the music. He watched the crowd intently.

"Say, Takanobu," bumping his red-clothed shoulder against that of the white-haired guard, Astumu nodded his head toward a single person in the centre of the crowd. They moved like air as they started to gradually bring in different royals to dance as the music picked up. Before long, the crowd was bustling and finally, the highness was taken away into the crowd by a girl in pink.

Aone hummed as he turned his attention to the breeze-like figure, waiting for Atsumu to continue.

He did.

"Who are they?"

The dancer twirled out of one of the prince's arms, pushing him into an unsuspecting princess.

Atsumu looked up expectantly at the white-haired man, only to get a shrug in response. Huffing, the blond fell back into his standing position and began swaying to the waltz again. "I'll just ask Ichika later, or maybe Kiyoomi." He stopped swaying, standing straighter as he peered through the crowd. "Speaking of, shouldn't Kiyoomi be out by— Pffffft!"

Atsumu covered his mouth with the back of his gloved hand, trying to keep the roaring laughter that was trying to rip out of him to a minimum. Aone gave him a side glance, only to get a raised finger pointing into the crowd.

"You know, when her majesty said to sweep the highness of their feet, I didn't think Kiyoomi would do it so literally." Eyes shut, Atsumu tried to stand back in position as he chuckled silently.

"Well, don't you seem chipper?" The voice was light but teasing, dancing in its own cadence.

Astumu choked on air, blasting his eyes wide open to see the taunting smirk of the dancer before him. Unlike the other guests, no mask adorned their face, leaving every feature to be admired out in the open.

"Oh, cat got your tongue, little bird? Where did all those chirps go?" As the chandelier's lights bounced beautifully off their skin as they held their hand out for Astumu to take. "Care to dance with me, little warbler?"

Aone let out a huff through his nose as he looked away. Atsumu hissed, "Don't laugh at me, man."

He looked back at the dancer, "I'm sorry, but I'm on duty."