Kozume Kenma - Stick Figures

AU: Writing soulmate (kind of

AU: Writing soulmate (kind of....) (it's more like drawing....) Whatever is drawn or written on your body appears on your soulmate's

Word Count: 1.6K +

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Kenma tended to wear long sleeves. Most people questioned him about it, why would he wear long sleeves when his soulmate wouldn't be able to see the drawings or writings on his skin? Almost everyone around him, or people he saw walking on the street, wore short sleeves in hope to catch a glimpse of an arm or hand with ink that would match theirs.

At 16, the inked drawings would start appearing on your soulmate's skin. If you had one, then the first thing that you drew would glow a light gold against the skin. If you didn't have one, then it would turn red, but that was rare. It only happened if your soulmate had already died or if there were other individual circumstances.

He only answered when his mom asked.

"I only want them to see what I draw. I think that I will just know when I see them regardless of the drawings on their arms."

He would meet them when the time was right. He didn't need to rush things and he didn't mind waiting.

Kenma was only nervous the first few weeks of his soulmate-ness. He would draw almost anything that he saw, books sitting on his desk, trees through the window of his classroom, everything and get nothing in return. That was the only time he really worried about it.

He kept drawing, until one day a small happy face appeared on the corner of his wrist. His soulmate was seeing his drawings and that was the only thing that mattered. However, they wouldn't draw much or often. Sometimes broken words or sentences would stay on his skin, but he couldn't make out the messages the person was trying to say.

The process was odd and convoluted. Most drawings appear on your soulmate's skin unless it was faces or something to give your location. Some words would go through, again nothing that could give yourself away. Sentences would get broken and mixed and only words of emotion would break through to the other side.

Kenma would get messages like: sun — blossom— every — sad— place.

He guessed the universe wanted everyone to struggle a bit before they found their soulmate.

He could tell that his soulmate was more of a writer than a drawer. However, that only made the times when his soulmate drew something more special. He would wake up to stick figures with empty speech bubbles and half-drawn butterflies on his arm. Those were the days where he started the day off with a smile.

He took pictures of all of them, everything drawn onto his skin.

The biggest surprise was when he woke up with a beautiful drawing on his left arm. Fully bloomed cherry blossoms wrapped around his forearm, drawn with sketchy lines, almost covering it up entirely with it. It started small at the wrist with the first flower and then the blossoms progressive got bigger as it curved down to his elbow. A branch held them all together and spiralled up to his shoulder, fading out just past it.