Iwaizumi Hajime - Pearlescent Pt 1

Au: Merpeople

Au: Merpeople

Requested (kind of)

Tags/Warnings: GN!reader, That's about it.

Word Count: 1.8k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You had seen him a few times while wandering up and down the length of the beach. A towel draped over his legs and a pile of seashells in his lap, the boy would pick one up, scratch at it with a small pocket knife, and then feed a small string through the carved hole. He seemed rather stoic in his concentration, brows pushed down and mouth curved in a natural frown. As you passed, you noticed his hair becoming more spiked as it began to dry off.

"Your eyes aren't glued. Look somewhere else," Hanni hissed, digging an elbow into your side.

Your head spun to her. "I— What— No—"

"Don't try to deny it. Since we got here, you've hardly picked up a single piece of trash. Your pockets are filled with beach glass and seashells, and you've been staring at him every chance you get," she scoffed with a teasing grin. "When I asked if you wanted to go swimming, you just said, 'huh, okay, ya.'"

"And?" Your voice raised.

"You can't swim."

"Good point. Look," you huffed, glancing over your shoulder at the boy, "he's just interesting? He looks good, and he's making something."

Hanni sighed, "You have a type for scary-looking buff guys with a hobby."

"That's not true!" You shook, causing the glass and shells in your pocket to jingle.

"Don't lie. If you're not going to pick up trash, at least do something productive and talk to him."

"No way."

Hanni's eyes flicked over your shoulder. "He's looking at you?"

"Heh?" You turned around, catching the boy's eyes as he paused his craft. "Shit, he is. Hanni—"

"Cool, have fun!" She printed off the bag of garbage bouncing against her hip.

"Hanni!"

You were left with a heavy stare shared with the stranger as he threaded his shells blindly. Raising a brow, he nodded, gesturing to the plot of sand beside him. With pinched lips, you came to the startling realisation that he had heard everything.

Kicking through the sand, you rushed to sit at the man's side. "I'm so sorry. That was so rude of me. I didn't mean to be a creep."

"It's fine." He wore a sharp grin, flashing his polished teeth. "I people-watch too."

"It's not exactly people-watching if it's just one person."

He laughed. "What's your name?"

"(L/N), (Y/N). What's yours?"