Kozume Kenma - Shift Pt 2

Au: Regular (timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: Dual POV, use of a pseudonym (username: ForestFire) instead of (Y/N) in most cases, swearing.

Word Count: 2k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Pressing your phone into your ear with your shoulder, you riffled through your bag to find your house key.

"I'll be there. Of course. Our deal still stands through, right?." You said before cursing under your breath as some receipts fell to the floor. You scrambled to pick them up.

"Okay, Forest. I'll let you go. Just remember the date, I'll put it in your calendar."

"That would be great, thank you."

The call ended as you walked through the door.

Throwing everything onto the nearest chair, you rushed to set up your PC and grab dinner before your stream started. Not even a few seconds after getting in and Uvo and Solarii were blowing up your phone with messages.

Ramen would have to do for now.

By the time the water boiled, you were already late. So, you scrambled to get your computer setup.

Immediately, your awaiting chat filled the comments.

"Can't talk right now. We are doing a PvP first-person shooter. Oh, hell."

You looked at the game your friend had sent you to download the other day, finally letting the realisation of what you were playing set in.

"I was way too out of it to realise what we would be playing. This is going to suck for me."

You entered the group chat, waiting for the chime to tell you you were connected to the voice channel. They were already chatting away.

"Hi, I'm here. I'm here!"

"You're late."

A shiver ran down your spine, making you stand straighter. You knew that dull, gentle voice. Years of laying on your university dorm bed, kicking your feet as you watched him stream and spoke in his comments.

"Hi, KenKen."

You froze, lifting your finger off your set voice button and smacked your forehead with an open palm. The remaining sting kept its shape. "I just said that." You look at your camera with a grimace, stomach dropping as your familiar term was caught on stream. "GAH, I'VE NEVER TALKED TO HIM BEFORE."

Your chat went haywire, making you groan and melt into your chair until your knees hit the floor.

"I guess I have to come clean," You sighed, lifting yourself back into a sitting position and saving your —likely now— bruised knees. "I was a regular in Kodzuken's chat while still in uni before I started streaming myself. KenKen was a common thing to call him amongst his followers back then."