Ushijima Wakatoshi - Wine and Movie Pt 2

Au: Regular (timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader, uhhhh

Word Count: 1.6k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Suzaku glared at the pitch as the boys ran after the flying ball. His fingers fiddling anxiously with each individual hair, to the point of plucking them out, has you staring at him with more concern pulling your features than necessary. He huffed to himself and you finally caved.

"Uh, coach? Are you okay?"

His eyes flicked to your first, followed by his head. "Can't you see the problem?"

"I've been more cornered that you're gonna give your chin a bald patch, so no."

"Look." He jutted his chin out. "Toshi's unbalanced."

You took a minute, watching Ushijima run up to the net and plant his feet before lifting himself into the air and swinging down with his left arm. His weight was pushed forward, making him float towards the net much more than normal.

"He's favouring his right," you hummed.

"Ya, but why?"

"Likely just pulled a muscle last game. He was playing full-out non-stop."

"As he should have."

"Humans aren't machines, and even machines are prone to breaking. He just needs a good stretch and some heat. I'll take him out after this round."

"Oh, he's going to love that," Suzaku's voice droned sarcastically.

"If he wants to keep playing, he's gonna have to."

After an additional fifteen minutes, the team was finally let go for a water break. Hoshiumi ran in front of the rest to get his bottle, on the other hand, Ushijima was staring down at each step he took, a pinch growing between his brows.

"Yah, Wakatoshi!" his head shot up at your voice. You nodded your head to the gym exit. "You're with me." Behind you, Hoshiumi gossiped, eager to see the taller man's reaction to being taken out of play. You huffed. "It's just practice, you seagull. Stop squawking and get back there."

The silver-haired man laughed, chugging back his water before running back to the net, and you led Ushijima out and away from the gym.

"What's this for?" he asked.

"You're tight. Just got to stretch you out and let you recover a bit." You looked over your shoulder at him, saw his harsh expression, and smiled. "The sooner you're better, the sooner and longer you can play."

Softening, Ushijima nodded and followed you into the next room. A plush orthopaedic mattress sat in the middle of the room, and without prompting, the lumbering sack of muscle lowered his 200 pounds of weight onto it. He shut his eyes and sunk into the mattress with a sigh.