Tsukishima Kei - The Language of Flowers Pt 1

AU: Gang

AU: Gang

Requested

FEM! Reader

Word Count: 3.7k +

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

The attacks on the Miyagi Prefecture gave Tsukishima a headache. How come the people who wanted the Karasuno gang group gone couldn't have gone straight for the leader — Tsukishima himself— and get it over with? Instead, they decided to make life difficult and do it slowly, set fire to public centres to send a message and rob unsuspecting businesses while people slept. The worst of it began within the past weeks. Pedestrians were being attacked by unidentifiable people all over the prefecture, ranging from scratches from defending off the attacker to stab and mild gunshot wounds.

Tsukishima spent hours upon hours trying to figure out who they were and where they came from. Once he became the leader of Karasuno, he promised protection to everyone in the prefecture and it took a long time to gain that type of trust. He wasn't going to lose it all now because someone didn't know it was wrong to stab others.

The sky turned dark as he walked along the storefronts of near-empty streets. Danger always lurked around the corner, so he was advised by the Karasuno members to stay within the walls of the Headquarters to prevent any attempts at his life. But he believed that if they wanted him dead they would have killed him already. The attacks on the prefecture were a part of something else, something he couldn't see yet. Living in fear on his own streets wasn't something he planned to do. Not to mention, killing Tsukishima would only start another war, not end the one they were currently in.

He needed to clear his mind and walking around made him see all the reasons he needed to put an end to this person or group. Karasuno had been his family for a while now. He grew bonds and attachments with the people he was technically the boss of and never regretted a minute of it; however, a feeling of loneliness always followed him around.

Tsukishima saw the relationships between all of the Karasuno members, how everyone was connected and what they were fighting for. That's when he realized that they were all fighting for someone instead of the attachments he fought for: the streets, parks, buildings, and the people...that he didn't know well enough and who barely knew him. Mostly, he was fighting for himself.

Hinata joined to keep his little sister safe. Nishinoya joined to keep his grandparents safe during their retirement. Azumane wanted to protect his parents, which brought along Sugawara who joined with Azumane (probably to keep him safe in this line of business) and then Sawamura joined after for the same reasons that Sugawara did.

But Tsukishima? He didn't have anyone to fight for, someone he wanted to make feel secure and safe.

A scream brought him out of his thoughts.