Kuroo Tetsurou - Seven Days Pt 1

AU: Regular – Based on Seven Days (Monday → Sunday)

Tags/ Warnings: slight swearing, ooc Kuroo??

Word Count: 3.6k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Monday

Kuroo Tetsurou had a reputation.

You heard more about his love life than you experienced your own. You wondered, not being friends or even speaking terms with him, if he knew he had a reputation. When you saw him in the hallways during school, he always looked the same.

He would hang with his volleyball teammates and have a lazy smile on his face. Only a smirky kind of grin was reserved for a shorter boy with bleached hair that he would stick together like glue.

You gathered all of this information and then some, just by hearing your classmates talk about him because there was something that everyone seemed to know. It lingered in the air like smoke after a fire. An unspoken rule.

The first person who would ask Kuroo out Monday morning would be in a relationship with him until Sunday. From the rumours and whispers you heard, he would close off their last date, look the person in the eye, and say a variation of: "I don't have strong feelings for you. Let's break up."

The cycle would start again that Monday.

Surprisingly, you rarely heard a bad word about him. He would be invested in his relationship for the week – wouldn't look at another person and he was kind and respectful. All of your classmates knew what they were getting themselves into or thought they did.

If people did hate him after, you never heard of it.

You heard every version of "It was enough just to get a week with him" and "I wish I could turn back time and start the week over again". You didn't know which one sounded sadder to you. You thought that the people who said the first were just telling themselves that and the people who said the second were in denial.

You understood the appeal of him, why everyone would want to date him or wanted a chance. He was captain of the volleyball team, friendly and kind to those he knew and didn't, and handsome in a rough kind of way. He seemed like a person who knew what he wanted and went to grab it without hesitation.

On the outside looking in, it was hard not to think he was a player. Who dates a new person every week? Who can move on with their relationships as fast as skipping a song on your playlist? Even though it was a week, you would still form a bond with that person, right? It had to mean more than that.

There were an endless amount of questions you had. But despite all of them, it never took away your curiosity of what it would be like to be Kuroo's relationship of the week. Nothing stopped you from asking him out, but you didn't know if you could handle it, being in a relationship for a week and going back like nothing.