Sawamura Daichi - Order

Au: Regular (Timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: GN!reader, Cops, An abusive(?) parent (Controlling mainly, nothing violent)

Word Count: 3k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Being the "new guy" on the team meant that Sawamura had to deal with most of the hazing-type dirty work that no one else wanted to do until at least the next person was brought on. Not that he minded, though. He enjoyed his job in the Community Safety Division and even more loved the little things he could do for his hometown. Most of the assignments that came his way were directing traffic, acting as a crossguard for schools (which his teacher-friend, Sugawara, appreciated), and doing the occasional clean-up of the neighbourhood, making sure people got home safe. Rarely ever was he called along for more intense assignments that his teammates enjoyed, like a possible break-in or dispute, but he liked it that way.

However, there was one assignment Sawamura wasn't too keen on. Unlike the adrenaline-filled, time-sensitive missions that happened once in a blue moon, there was one regular job that Sawamura had to take that he wished would disappear. And on those Friday nights when his boss paused his wrap-up to head home and decided to call a number on his phone, Sawamura knew his day wasn't over.

"The kid's lost again," Boss would say, clicking his tongue while turning to Sawamura. "I'm tired, Sawamura. Go take care of it."

His boss wasn't tired, and the Boss' kid certainly wasn't lost. If anything, they were likely kicking it back in one of the local parks. Probably with a cup of spicy ramen noodles and the option of either a bottle of Ramune, or sake. Sawamura hoped for the former.

"No problem. When do you want them back by?" Sawamura asked, despite having heard the answer time and time again.

"I don't want them out in the first place. But that isn't an option. Just be quiet when you get back."

Boss would go home and pass out on their living room couch after inhaling a dinner his wife made and downing it with a beer to match. By the time Sawamura arrived with the kid in tow, Boss would be out like a light. At a certain point, we wondered if it was intentional.

Parking his car by the side of the road, Sawamura stepped into the park with a yawn.

On the rickety old swing, which creaked with every movement, sat the Boss' kid wrapped comfortably in a university bomber jacket with noddles and sake in either hand. They used their heels to rock them back and forth, taking a bite or swig every return.

(L/N) — the younger (L/N) —, (Y/N) wasn't a kid, hadn't been for a while. Hearing Sawamura's approaching steps crunch the leaves, they turned with sharp teeth and a crooked smile. "Daichi! Want a drink?" They said his name comfortably, like a song.

"No. I'm technically still on duty, and I have to drive you home."

The student groaned, "Old man's still making you do that? I would've thought I'd have a little freedom by now." They downed the last bit of the sake bottle before holding out the cup of noodles. "Want a bite? I know you're hungry."