Kageyama Tobio - Bruised Ink

Soulmate AU: When you write on your skin it appears in the same spot on your soulmates body

Requested (though I changed it a bit to keep it as canon as possible)

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader, Kageyama being a bit of an airhead, mild swearing

Word Count: 1.7K+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Art club, morning, lunch, and after school. Though admittedly your art club supervisor / English teacher didn't enjoy seeing an eager face so early in the morning. She, over a matter of days, had gotten used to your silent presence in the corner of the art room as she worked on papers, occasionally asking for your opinion on a topic.

"See you after school!" you called down the hall, before waving to your aforementioned supervisor who was talking to the art teacher in the corner.

You flicked your uniform jacket off, letting it hang off the top of a chair as you ran to your canvas. The clean paint brushes waited patiently next to the progressing piece of art and your pallet rested next to them, mummified and waiting to let it's paints feel the air again. You delicately picked at the tape wrapped around the pallet, pulling it off to reveal the chemical smell of acrylics.

You gazed at your painting for a moment, admiring the contrasting muted colours that blended nicely into the slowly fading background. Taking a brush, no larger than the width of your pinky, you reached for a vibrant green and royal blue, ready to dollop small portions onto your pallet. You huffed through your nose as a clump of blue stuck to your fingers. With no paper towel in sight, you kept your mouth shut and rubbed the paint against the back of your opposite arm.

"You're going to stain your skin," your teacher huffed behind you as she walked to her desk, brushing a free hand through her bob cut. "It looks almost like a bad bruise."

You sighed, picking up your pallet and brush, gently working the bright teal colour you mixed into the layers of your canvas. "Maybe, but if I'm lucky it'll be gone before any of the other teachers notice just like every other time."

She gave you a quirked brow sliding into your spinning chair that was tucked into the corner of the room. She grabbed a pen with one hand and sipped on her coffee mug with the other. "What do you mean by that?"

You laughed. "Every time I doodle, draw, paint, or just anything on my skin whatsoever, it's gone before I see it again."

"So your soulmate's washing it off before class?" she hummed, turning her eyes away from your blocked-out painting and onto the sheets before her.

"I don't have a tattoo or a red string, so most likely, ya. They probably don't want to get in trouble. Or maybe they're in a swim club and don't even notice it?"