Suna Rintarou - Letters for Lovers

Au: Regular

Au: Regular

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader

Word Count: 2.5k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Suna's mind worked faster than his mouth. He wished he could come up with witty remarks to retaliate against his teammates and opponents alike as they tried to rile him up, but he often failed to say a word, instead, ruminating over possibilities with a blank face.

He found his blank expression to be both a blessing and a curse. While it worked as an excellent mirror, causing hecklers to become annoyed from the lack of response, it also meant any time he wanted to react, he fell short.

"Suna, if you keep staring they'll think you're jealous," Kita advised, flicking between watching the quiet man at his side, and the pair at the other side of the table.

Suna couldn't come up with a response.

Across the table, the blond Miya twin had his arm draped casually over your shoulder. He'd pull you tightly into his side as he spoke, or teasingly try to feed you some of his food. Atsumu would show off his bond with you every chance he got and you would reciprocate the affection, by hugging him around the ribs, laughing at his jokes, and messing his hair up when the opportunity presented itself.

Of course, Suna couldn't tell Atsumu to not be your friend, just as he could tell you to not be Atsumu's. Suna wasn't in the position to interfere with a decade-long bond after only appearing in the final two of those years.

"Hey, Suna, are you going deaf? Maybe we need to clean your ears again."

He looked up to see you snickering into your palm while Atsumu stared at him with anticipation. Atsumu waited, watching, holding your shoulder tightly.

"What was that?"

Atsumu sulked, which usually was enjoyable enough, but the sound of your roaring laughter while you shoved the blond around brought a smile to his face.

He'd take those moments where you were responsive to his presence. He just wished it was just him. If only he could say the words.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

A piece of paper fell from your shoe locker. You screeched, jumping back as far away from the sheet as you should get. You ignored the eyes that turned toward the sound and slumped against the metal at your back.

Footsteps rounded the corner of the lockers. Momo looked frantic. "What happened? Why are you screaming."

Pushing off the lockers that you had shoved yourself up against, you grabbed the paper from the floor and waved it in the air for Momo to see. "Nothing, I'm just deathly afraid of papercuts."