Sugawara & Sawamura - Ready. Aim. Fire? Pt 2

AU: Gang

AU: Gang

Gender Neutral Reader

Word Count: 2.4K+

Disclaimer: contains violent themes and suggestions, gun violence(? Kind of) all of this is fiction and I don't condone violence...anyways enjoy lol

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Your childhood wasn't the most ideal. Growing up in the gang business, you and Kiyoko didn't have time to play around or make friends with the other kids in the neighbourhood. In fact, you thought that the other kids were scared of you and your sister. It wasn't a secret that the both of you were children of a gang boss and the people who spoke to you either wanted something from you or for small talk so that they wouldn't be on your "hit list".

All of your days were spent with your sister training to eventually take over the Karasuno gang business. However, there was an unspoken rule, only one of you would become the next leader and the other one would be their first kill.

It was supposed to be decided when both of you were above 18, but you found out when you were 16. One night you couldn't sleep and went downstairs for a snack. You heard parents talking and apparently you were in the lead to take over. They tried to prevent it from happening, but it was a family tradition and when they argued against it, it was shot down quickly by your grandfather. Your father was lucky, he was an only child, and that was your parent's plan too, but from what you heard, you were an accidental baby.

How could you kill your own sister? The person who you grew up with? Probably the only other person who understood what your life was like. You made a choice.

You failed every test and trial your trainers gave you. You skipped practice and let your sister win matches between the two of you. However, sometimes people are born with a natural talent for things, drawing, music, and you were born with the talent to be a leader and trained to be a killer. People would listen to you without much persuasion and despite you ruining your weekly tests, it didn't erase the past ones you did.

Now it was different, back then, you did them without knowing the price you would have to pay if you won.

The week before your eighteenth birthday, before they would officially decide, you confronted your parents.

"I know that one of us is going to die at the end," you said during dinner. Kiyoko was out doing something, probably getting in extra training with her training buddy Sawamura, using up the one free pass your parents gave you each month to do whatever you wanted.

Your mother dropped her fork. "(Y/N)..."

You looked up at them. Your mother's eyes were already glistening. Sometimes you wondered how she became a part of the family. She was sweet and compassionate, everything you'd expect to not be associated with the gang business, a bleeding heart. Your father was a little more ruthless, but you knew that he was loyal, especially to his family.