Mission Ed-Possible

[It closes in on Peach Creek Jr. High. We get to see a hallway where Jonny, Eddy and Ed are at their lockers.]

Jonny: "Right on!" [racing around the hall] "B's and C's for me! B's and C's for me!" [He wedges his head in his locker.] "All that extra tutoring you gave me really paid off, buddy!"

Nazz: "Hey, Jonny." [She waves her card.] "Check that out." [Jonny looks it over.]

Jonny: "An A in cheerleading? You sure must have brains!"

Kevin: "Choice! I upped my fine arts mark to a C-minus. Dad's gonna be stoked!"

Rolf: "Cursed present-day phooey! Rolf will need a new tuchus after Papa sees this."

Kevin: "Dude, a D in typing? Rough."

Rolf: [showing Kevin a typewriter in his locker] "Almighty chin-faced Kevin! Of what use is this infernal button box to the son of a shepherd? Rolf asks you!"

Kevin: "Um..." [He goes to the other kids.] "Yo, Nazz, how'd you do?"

[While the kids chat, Eddy seethes.]

Eddy: "How come they get their report cards while some back-stabbing jerk is hand-delivering ours to our parents?"

[Nat shows up, report card in her hands.]

Nat: "Hey guys look, I got an A in art!"

Eddy: "Yeah whatever."

[Nat makes an annoyed look.]

[A tearful Ed wipes his nose on his sleeve.]

Ed: "Life can be so cruel!" [He slams his face into his locker. Edd comes up to them.]

Eddy: "I mean, what kind of low-down miserable two-timing double-crossing slimeball would do something like that?"

Edd: [behind them] "Well, look at the bright side, gentlemen. This could be a great opportunity for the two of you to sit with your parents and find a corrective curriculum to overcome your academic shortcomings." [He makes to leave.] "Yes indeedy."

[Edd steps on an apple and slips. His bag flies open, and papers spill out all over the place. The kids laugh. Nat rushes over to him.]

Kevin: "Smooth move, dork!"

Nat: [helping Edd up] "Double D, are you ok?"

Edd: "Yes, I am alright Nat."

Ed: "For me? You shouldn't have, Double D." [He claws at the papers.] "Pick paper up, pick paper up, pick paper..."

Edd: [as Ed repeats himself] "No Ed–please–let me do that."

Ed: "Double D!" [He holds up two sheets of paper.] "Your report cards look the same as mine and Eddy's!"

Eddy: "Lemme see those!"

[Eddy grabs the papers and looks at them angrily. He then backs Edd into a locker.]

Eddy: "So you're the backstabbing jerk!"

Edd: [trying to bluff] "Who, me? Why, never! Um, uh, perhaps I should hang on to those for safekeeping?"

Eddy: "In your dreams!" [He throws Edd into a locker. Nat pulls him out.]

Ed: "May I might? I bet I'm doing real good, guys and girl! Oh, oh! Listen to this!"

[Ed pretends to be a teacher as he reads from his card.]

Ed: "Ed has difficulty with his ability to concentrate for even the smallest period!" [He wiggles his finger. Soon enough, he becomes entranced.] "Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock."