A Town Called Ed

[A bell rings, and the kids rush out of the classroom, happy that school's over.]

Eddy: "Seeya, teach and hello, weekend!"

Ed: "Saturday, Sunday, my day funday!"

Edd: [looking at a notepad] "Celebration may be premature, gentlemen. It looks as though all the required books for our History of Peach Creek assignment have all been signed out."

Nat: "Is that so?"

Ed: "You know what they say, Double D!"

[Edd listens, but Ed doesn't say anything else.]

Kevin: "Hey guys! I just want to remind everybody–" [He sees the Eds and Nat and immediately turns around.] "Well, almost everybody. To come over to my place for the monster truck marathon tomorrow!"

Jonny: "Right on! Plank says the last one in front of Kevin's TV is a you-know-what!"

Rolf: "Very well. Rolf will include himself once again to share in another of your menial customs and all the while wonder why."

Eddy: "So Kev, what time tomorrow does this shindig of yours start?"

Kevin: "Get a clue. I said almost everyone, dork."

[Kevin pushes Eddy out of the way and the kids leave, everyone but an annoyed Nazz laughing at Eddy.]

Ed: "Toodle-oo! See you at the next thing we can't come to, Kevin!"

Eddy: [angry] "Who the heck's shovelchin think he is, not inviting me over to watch monster trucks tomorrow!"

Edd: "Honestly, Eddy, why would you care? You don't even like monster trucks."

Eddy: "So?"

[Ed pulls on a bag stuck in his locker. The row of lockers begins to tip.]

Nat: "Ed, wait!" 

Edd: "The lockers! Are you listening? They're about to-"

[Ed's lunch bag comes free, and the lockers snap back before tipping forward again. Ed, after slamming into Edd, stops them, and a book slides off the top and onto Eddy's head.]

Ed: "Look what I won, guys and girl!" [He blows the dust away.] 

Nat: "Fort Peach Creek?"

Edd: [vacuuming the dust up] "Could it be?" [He shows the book to Eddy.] "This is the one, Eddy! The book our history teacher thought would be impossible to find, as it's been out of print for quite some time."

Eddy: "That stupid thing almost killed me!"

Edd: "A stroke of luck, I would say. As there's enough information here to successfully complete our project." [He suddenly senses something and turns to the last page. The final page has been ripped out.] "Oh, look at this! Someone's torn out a page!"

Nat: "Really?"

Eddy: "Yeah yeah, big stink, Wordsworth."

[Edd, Nat and Eddy walk across the running track.]

Edd: "Intriguing. The book documents the earliest known settlement in Peach Creek–dating back to over three hundred years ago." [Ed joins the procession.] "It seems said settlement was led by a–" [He stops, shocked.] "Goodness! Eddy, look!" [He shows a picture to Eddy.] "Tell me–what do you see?"

Nat: "It looks like Eddy!"

Ed: "It's a gaggle of Eddys and they're all wearing funny hats on their heads."

Edd: "Very good, Nat and Ed! This book states that it was Eddy's ancestors who led the first settlement here in Peach Creek over three centuries ago. Eddy's a pedigree, Ed! Who woulda thought?"