cuddling by the fire (requested)

Christmas music played quietly in the background, the lights on the tree shined bright, and wrapping paper was scattered across the living room floor as you and Mina curled up by the fire together. You were feeling the holiday spirit, feeling cheery since this is the very first Christmas you've spent together and every second of it has been absolutely perfect so far.

You sat between her legs, back against her chest. You felt warm from the comfort of her arms as well as the warm drink you've been sipping on that was now by your feet.

"This is the best Christmas ever." You mumbled as you laid your head back on her shoulder. Her fingers slid beneath your shirt and danced along your spine while she left little kisses on your neck.

"I wholeheartedly agree with that. But I have a feeling we'll be saying that for every Christmas to come." She said and her heart fluttered when she watched a smile tug at your lips.

"Are you warm enough?"

"Yes, I'm nice and toasty." You giggled and she couldn't help but do the same as the infectious sound filled her heart with happiness.

"Just making sure. The snow is still falling and I want you to be warm."

You turned your head and locked eyes with her. She leaned forward, dropping her forehead onto your temple before laying a soft kiss on your lips.

"I love you so much, Mina. Thank you for making this the best Christmas ever. I appreciate the gifts you gave me and I'll forever cherish them, but these moments with you are just as perfect as those; if not even more perfect. Just being here in your arms makes for the best Christmas I've ever had."

She couldn't help the way her heart began to beat a little faster. She was so in love with you that words wouldn't ever be enough to describe it.

"I feel the exact same way, my love." She spoke before squeezing you a little, humming into your ear as she did so. "Merry Christmas, my love. It's the first of many we'll be spending together. I'm so excited for all the ones to come." She said with a smile and then peppered your neck with soft little kisses.

All you could do was close your eyes and bask in the warmth her arms provided and the happiness you felt. You've never been so happy and you know that every Christmas yet to come would be even more wonderful because you'll be spending them all with Mina by your side.