wiping the straw prank (requested)

"Here you go, ladies. Enjoy," The waitress politely spoke as she set yours and Mina's drinks down, sending you and Mina a bright smile before walking away.

"It looks so delicious!" Mina excitedly said as she put her straw in, quickly sipping on the milkshake that tastes as great as she knew it would.

You were happily sipping on yours, too.

Just time like this with your sweet girlfriend means everything to you.

Time when you can go out and have a milkshake together, even if it is close to eleven at night and it'll probably leave you both wide awake for a few more hours.

But, hey, that's more time with your girl so, perhaps, that's not such a bad thing.

"What flavor did you get again? I forget but it looks amazing!" You said as you nearly drooled over how delicious her milkshake looked.

"Fudge!"

"It looks so good. How does it taste?"

"Great. Do you want a taste of it?"

That's what you were hoping she'd ask.

You were scrolling through TikTok the other day when you stumbled upon a creative but cute prank that you've been wanting to pull on Mina, since it was harmless, really.

Now that she was offering you a sip of something she was drinking, you finally had the chance.

"You don't mind?"

"No, not at all, sweet girl. Go ahead, taste a little of it!" She offered with that precious smile of hers.

She carefully slid the glass across the table to you and she waited for you to take a sip, knowing you'd be just as obsessed with how amazing it tasted as she was.

She watched you pinch her straw between your fingers but instead of putting your lips on it a few seconds later, you pulled it out of the glass and set it on a clean napkin.

Mina frowned as you wiped it, moving the napkin across every part of it to clean it off.

"What are you doing that for?" She frowned and watched you put the straw back in the glass a second later.

"Doing what?"

"I'm not sick, not even in the slightest. Why'd you wipe the straw off?" She asked, looking a little offended. "You don't want to drink after me now? Where's that coming from, babe? We drink after each other all the time."

"Mina, slow down," you chuckled before taking a few sips and then placing your hand on hers.

"Just please tell me why. It's worrying me. We've been together for a year and you've never, not even once, wiped the straw when you drink after me. That's a little scary."

"Oh, baby," you mumbled before getting up to sit down next to her on the booth. "It's nothing, I promise. I was just messing with you."

That's when it started to click for her.

She groaned and laid her cheek on your shoulder as she closed her eyes.

"You're pranking me again, aren't you?"

"Yeah!" You giggled.

"Well, I guess this one is better than some of  your other pranks."

You nodded and watched a smile tug at her lips as she opened her eyes.

"I hate your pranks though." She mumbled.

You wordlessly grabbed the glass and slid it in front of her.

She took a few sips and then you happily did the same after, which put her mind at ease.

"That's better. You scared me for a second."

"Sorry," you chuckled. "I love you and I'd never do that other than as a prank."

"Good." She smiled. "I love you too. Now, come on, put your head on my shoulder and we'll share our milkshakes and just enjoy these moments together."

"Sounds great, baby," you smiled as you put your head on her shoulder, as she instructed.

Your heart fluttered as she put her arm around you to pull you closer, enjoying your quality time together.