she's anxious (requested)

"Hey," Dahyun greeted you at the door of the practice room. "Thank you for coming."

"Of course." You said as you stepped inside.

You spotted Mina from across the room and noticed that Jeongyeon and Jihyo were sitting beside her and doing their very best to comfort her, though it wasn't really doing much.

Without saying another word to Dahyun, you hurried over to Mina.

"Baby?"

She lifted her head as soon as she heard your voice.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo got up to move so you could sit down beside her instead.

Mina reached one of her hands out for you to take, which you happily did.

You sat down beside her and watched as she rocked herself slightly, feeling desperate to find some comfort of any sort.

"What's the matter?" You asked as you put your hand on her shoulder.

"I don't know. I just started to feel anxious. I don't know why, I just feel it."

You understood completely.

You know that, sometimes, there's no exact reason why a person may feel anxious.

Sometimes there's no reason at all.

Sometimes, they feel anxious just because.

You know that personally.

"I can't breathe and I feel sick. My heart is pounding, I think I might have a heart attack."

"No, baby, no. You're just feeling all of that because you're anxious. It's okay." You soothed as you scooted closer to her.

She stopped rocking and put her cheek on your shoulder.

"Try and take some deep breaths for me."

"I don't think I can." She mumbled as she began to breathe unevenly.

"You can, baby. You're okay, I'm here with you. You're safe."

She nodded and closed her eyes, finding comfort in the fact that you were taking deep breaths with her to try and help her.

She reached for your other hand and you took ahold of it, squeezing tightly.

"Squeeze my hand if you need to. You're doing a great job, Mina."

She did as you said and squeezed your hand with all of her might.

You brushed your thumb across her hand and listened to her breathing even out slightly as her anxiety began to fade a little by having you there with her.

"Good girl." You said and she opened her eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to come all the way down here just because I'm anxious. I know you have a lot on your plate, too."

"Hush." You said, frowning. "You're my girl, Mina. I would do anything for you. Besides, you'd do the same for me."

"I would." She said as she cracked a small smile. "I guess everything has been getting to me lately."

"You're under a lot of pressure. It's normal to feel anxious sometimes. But you're doing an amazing job, baby. Even when you feel anxious."

She put her arms around you and pulled you in for a hug.

"Do you feel any better?"

She nodded.

"But will you stay with me for a little while even though I feel better? Just in case."

You softly kissed her cheek before you began to brush your fingers through her hair.

"Absolutely, my love. I'm here for you. Always." You said before sharing a kiss and holding onto each other a little longer.