get out - part two (requested)

"Thank you for letting me stay here." You told Jihyo as she sat down on the bed beside you.

You're in the guest room of her home, drinking a warm beverage that Jihyo made for you as the tears on your face dry.

"I could've stayed at a hotel but I felt more comfortable coming here."

"It's okay, don't mention it." She said as she put her hand on your shoulder. "I can't believe that Mina would say something like that to you."

"I want to believe that it was all in the heat of the moment. A lot of people say things they don't mean then, right?"

Jihyo nodded her head wordlessly as your eyes met.

"But it hurt me a lot. I never thought that things would ever get so out of hand that she'd tell me to get out of her house. I thought it was our home. She always said it was just as much mine as it is hers. Do you think that she meant it?"

Jihyo looked at you in sadness.

She wondered the same thing you did - if Mina had meant it.

She knows Mina like the back of her hand, just as you do.

She knows, deep in her heart, that she wouldn't ever say something like to you with how in love she is with you.

But she understands that it must be confusing and hurtful and she felt that all she could do was be there for you.

To be the friend she knows you need right now.

She parted her lips to speak but the words on the tip of her tongue stayed there as a knock on the front door downstairs was heard by the both of you.

You knew who it was.

Aside from you, who else would come over to Jihyo's house so late?

"That must be Mina."

"Yeah." She said before squeezing your shoulder. "What do you want me to tell her? Do you want space? Do you want her to come up here to see you?"

You shrugged your shoulders wordlessly.

"I can't just let her stand at the door and knock for a while. You have to let me know, darling. It's all up to you."

You took a deep breath and then shook your head.

"I don't know if I can face her right now."

"Okay. Stay here. I'll be back in a minute." She said and got up from the bed to go and answer the door.

You laid down on the comfortable bed, wondering if this guest room would be the place you'd stay for the next few days.

You know Jihyo won't mind you staying here for however long you want or need.

You just have to figure it out yourself.

"She doesn't want to see you right now. Mina!" You heard Jihyo yell. "Mina, she wants some space!"

You heard hurried footsteps approaching the guest room before Mina appeared at the door.

You quickly sat up and stared at her in shock and disappointment before looking the other way.

"Mina," Jihyo said as she caught up to her. "Y/N, I'm sorry, she came right in and ran up here. I tried to explain-"

"It's alright, Jihyo. Don't worry, I know." You assured Jihyo, who was looking between you and Mina.

"Y/N, can we talk? Please?"

"Why? You wanted me out of your house. I'm out. You should be happy!"

"Why would I be happy about that?" She asked as she slowly made her way into the room and into you. "It's not like I meant it. I would never say such a mean and stupid thing."