comforting you after you have a long day (requested)

Mina could tell something was off with you as soon as you walked through the door. You had a frown on your face and you dragged your feet with every step you took. You also slammed the door behind you, which almost made her jump out of her skin.

"Baby?"

You lifted your head upon hearing her voice. Looking over at her across the room, you saw her standing on the last step of the staircase. She was frowning, too. But only because you looked upset and her heart ached at the sight.

"Are you okay?"

"No." You mumbled. "I had a long day. It was hard, Mina. I'm exhausted."

You almost teared up, just because you were so frustrated and worn out. But you didn't let any tears fall. Because you were swept into inexpressible comfort as soon as the words left your lips.

Because right away, Mina was rushing to your side to bring you into her arms and she was holding you tighter than she ever has before, hoping it'd ease your mind and make you feel better.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and gently rubbed your back. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

You shook your head and as much as she wished you would confide in her about it just to get the weight off of your shoulders, she wasn't gonna push you. She'd simply caress your back and hold you close for as long as you wanted to be held.

"Can you hold me?" You mumbled. "Don't let me go."

"I won't let go, baby." She promised and let you lay your head on her shoulder before she walked to the sofa, where she sat down and pulled you against her chest.

Your head fell onto her chest but you buried your face in the crook of her neck. She was so warm and you could feel the steady beat of her heart against your own when your clothed chest touched hers.

She smelled good; the smell of her body wash lingered on her skin from the shower she took earlier in the day. It's comforting.

She's comforting.

"Feel alright?" Mina wondered as she grew a little worried from the silence that's hung in the air for the last few minutes.

"Yeah." You whispered against her neck. "Can you rub my back?"

She didn't say a word. She simply brushed her lips against the crown of your head and slid her hand beneath your shirt, where she brushed her hand along your skin in soothing circles.

"Thank you."

"Shh," she hushed softly. "No need to thank me. You know I'll do anything for you. I just want you to feel better. I hate knowing you have bad days. I know it's natural but, to me, you deserve the entire world."

You cracked a smile and closed your eyes.

"I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. You deserve it."

You lifted your head and stared up at her, finding that she was already staring down at you with an adoring gaze.

You leaned up to give her a kiss and she sighed against your lips.

"I love you so much." She whispered when you pulled away and laid your cheek against her shoulder.

And as she held you tight, gave you the sweetest kisses, and whispered words of love in your ear as she rubbed your back in gentle circles, you knew that you never needed anything else.

You've got all you could ever want and need with Mina right there by your side, to make the worst and darkest days brighter and your best days even better.