when Chaeyoung is unkind to you as a prank to see Mina's reaction (requested)

"They're here," Mina grinned as she heard the sound of car doors closing outside your shared home. "Are you about ready to go?"

You felt Mina's hand fall against the small of your back and when you looked away from your phone, you saw her standing right beside you with a big smile on her face.

Tonight is your first public appearance as a couple.

Although your relationship has been public for a little time now, aside from when fans or paparazzi catch glimpses of you when you're out together you haven't been super public with your love.

You've been looking forward to this night for a while now - a night spent with Mina and the girls as you attend an award show together and be right by their sides as they win the awards they're nominated for.

You can't say for sure but with the incredible songs and videos they've released with their latest comeback, you just know they're bound to snag the awards they're nominated for, so you're even more excited to be able to go to this event with her and your friends.

Before she had come up beside you, you had been texting Chaeyoung about something you didn't want Mina to know about just yet.

So you quickly locked your phone and put it in your bag before looking at her with eyes as bright as hers.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

She was just about to kiss your lips when the front door opened and the girls all walked inside.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Jeongyeon greeted.

"Hi," Mina grinned.

"Y/N, how are you feeling about your first event with us tonight?" Tzuyu curiously asked. "You don't feel nervous or anything, right?"

"No. I'm looking forward to it."

Mina proudly stared at you before she came up behind you and pulled you into her arms.

"What do you girls think of Y/N's outfit tonight? Doesn't she just look so stunning?" Mina asked as she kissed below your ear a couple of times, causing a giggle to fall from your lips as you grew flustered over knowing the girls had seen that.

Everyone was quick to agree with Mina and give you an endless amount of compliments.

Everyone except for Chaeyoung.

"Chae? Why are you so quiet?" Sana asked.

Chaeyoung wordlessly shrugged her shoulders as she stared at you.

"Don't you like my outfit, Chaeyoung?" You asked, already knowing what she was about to say in response.

"Meh."

Everyone except Mina pretended to be surprised and confused by her response.

Mina was the only one that wasn't in on this prank so she was genuinely puzzled by her friend's reaction.

"What do you mean 'meh'? You don't like it? You don't think it looks nice?"

"I thought you'd be wearing something different. Something... better."

"Chaeyoung," Momo scoffed.

"What? Aren't we all thinking it? It's a nice outfit, Y/N. I just don't know if it's for you. I don't know if the color suits you so well."

"Chaeyoung, that's mean!" Mina said as she angrily clenched her jaw.

"It sounded like she was asking for my opinion. Sorry if you don't like it." Chaeyoung scoffed. "Mina, you look great though."