she thinks you're cheating (requested)

"Where have you been?" Mina asked as you quietly walked into your shared home.

You jumped in surprise at the sound of her voice before she flipped on the lights.

She was sitting on the sofa with her head in her hands and a frown on her face.

"Nowhere."

"You're lying." She said. "Why? We don't lie to each other."

"I know. I can't tell you though."

You kicked off your shoes and went into the kitchen as she got up and followed behind you.

"You can't tell me? Since when can we not tell each other things? We tell each other everything, Y/N. When did you become so secretive?"

You grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before you turned to face her.

"I don't understand what's going on. It's after midnight and you're just now getting home! You've been so absent lately. It feels like you're pulling away."

"I swear, I'm not."

"You get home late every night and leave early each morning. You don't tell me where you're going. You refuse to tell me who you're with. I don't know what to think anymore!"

"Mina, what are you talking about?"

"Are you cheating on me? Are you seeing someone else? Is that what's going on?"

You were in shock that she'd even think such a thing.

Because she's your girl and you don't want anyone else.

You're the luckiest girl in the world to have her and you know that and you never take her for granted.

So to hear her say that she thought you were cheating on her was both shocking and devastating.

"No. Mina, that's not it at all, I swear."

"Then tell me what it is. Because that's what I think it is. You're too secretive and busy to make me think of anything else."

"Mina, I'm planning something special for our anniversary!" You said frustratingly. "I'm not cheating on you! I'm trying to make this the best anniversary ever."

"What?" She frowned.

"I'd never cheat on you. I'm just planning something special. I reserved a hall for us to celebrate with our family and friends and I bought a ring for you and I've been so busy planning everything. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to ruin it."

"You bought me a ring? Like an engagement ring?"

"Yes." You confessed. "Surprise, I guess."

"Oh, baby." She smiled brightly. "That's what's going on?"

"Yes. I swear. You can ask the girls and your parents if you want. They're in on everything."

She walked to you and pulled you into her arms.

"I can't believe it. That's the sweetest thing ever. And you're going to propose? I can't believe it!"

"Well, now everything's ruined." You sighed. "Can you at least try to pretend to be surprised though? Please?"

"Of course!" She grinned. "I swear, I won't tell anyone."

"It's next week."

"I know." She smiled. "Our second anniversary."

"I can't believe you thought I'd cheat on you. I love you so much, Mina. I'd never do that to you."

"I know. Im sorry." She sighed. "Please forgive me for thinking such a silly thing."

"Yeah, you're forgiven. Just trust me from now on, okay? Because I'd never do that to you, not ever. Im in love with you, only you."

"Im in love with you too, baby; only you." She grinned before kissing you softly. "I can't wait!"

"Me too." You said as she hugged you tight.

And even though the surprise was ruined, you knew it'd still be so special.

It was bound to be the best day of your lives.