you flinch (requested)

"Mina, you're home!" You excitedly said as you watched her walk through the front door.

"Oh," She grunted as you threw your arms around her to give her a big hug.

"I missed you!"

"yeah, I can see that." She spoke.

But her tone wasn't one of happiness.

She wasn't smiling or laughing.

She seemed annoyed, almost.

"Can you let me go so I can put my stuff down and take my jacket off? Please?"

You felt a little awkward standing there holding onto her when she seemed so annoyed with you.

So you did as she asked.

You watched her place her bag down on the floor before she took off her shoes and her jacket.

"Are you hungry, baby?" You asked as you put your hands on her shoulders. "I made dinner! I mean, I had to put it in the fridge for you because it got cold since you're home so late. But I can just heat it up."

"I'm not in the mood, Y/N." She grumbled.

"What's your problem? Did I do something wrong? Why do you seem so annoyed with me?" You asked in frustration.

She turned around to face you before shaking her head at you.

"I had a long day! I don't need to come home to you clinging to me."

"I'm not trying to cling to you. I'm just being affectionate because I missed you!"

"I don't care, Y/N. It's annoying me. No, you are annoying me!"

She stormed into the kitchen and you followed behind her.

"This is how our night is going to be? Arguing? I made this beautiful dinner for us to share, which I had to put away for later because you weren't here. I wanted this night to be special. But it's hard to have a special night with you when you're always getting home so late."

"I'm busy, Y/N. You know this. We have a comeback approaching. I'm going to be busy for a few more weeks. You just have to deal with it."

"But it's not fair sometimes. Can't you just make a little time for me?"

She groaned as she closed her eyes.

She had a long day and this disagreement that you were having was only giving her a huge headache.

"Mina, I'm talking to you!" You shouted.

And as Mina raised her hand, your heart dropped.

It took you back to your childhood and the terrible experiences you had during those years.

And so, practically instinctively, you flinched.

You turned your cheek and covered your face with your hands as you backed up.

And as Mina placed her hand on her temples, she turned to look at you once more.

And a sinking feeling washed over her when she realized what was happening.

"Baby?" She mumbled as she took a couple of steps closer to you. "Did you think I was going to hit you?"

Your legs gave out on you and you fell onto the floor, bringing your knees up to your chest.

You dropped your hands and gazed at Mina, who stood across the room staring at you in shock.

"Oh, baby, no." She said before hurrying over to you. "Baby, I wasn't going to hit you. I wouldn't ever hit you."

She knelt on the floor in front of you and reached her hand out, slowly laying it on your arm.

"I wouldn't hurt you. Please tell me that you believe me." She spoke as tears filled her eyes. "I wouldn't ever hurt you. You know that I would never put my hands on you like that."

"I'm sorry."

"No, you don't have anything to be sorry for. Come here." She sniffled as she pulled you into her embrace. "I'm sorry. For everything; for saying the things I said and for being so grumpy with you. You're completely right - I need to make time for you too."

"But you don't have the option to sometimes and I understand that." You assured as you gazed into her eyes. "I'm sorry for the things I said too. You treat me so well and sometimes, I feel like I make you feel as though you don't. You're a great girlfriend and I know you'd never hurt me."

"Not ever." She said as she put her forehead on yours. "Can I have some of that food you made me?"

"Of course."

"And can we have dinner together tomorrow? We can make something together. I'll make sure I make it clear that I have to get home to spend a little time with you. The girls will cover for me."

"Okay. I'd like that."

She put her hand on your cheek, gently cupping it in her palm as she pulled you in for a sweet kiss.

"I love you and I always will." She smiled as she brushed a strand of hair behind your ear.

"I love you too, Mina. Always."