you want to cuddle

As a shiver ran down your shoulder blades you rolled over in bed, hoping to roll into Mina's warm embrace. But all you felt were the sheets where she lays and you felt a pang of sadness hit you.

You sat up quickly but regretted it when the room began to spin. You closed your eyes for a moment and then started to move once it went away.

You started to look around for her, calling out her name as best as you could through your scratchy and weak voice.

"Mina? Mina, where are you?" You called out, again and again, waiting to hear her voice in response.

You made your way to the top step of the staircase but before you could even put your foot on it, you heard Mina's voice coming from the bottom step.

"Y/n!" She raced up the stairs and put her hand on your back. She rubbed it in circles before laying her other hand on your forehead. "You're still feverish." She spoke sadly. "You should be resting. Why aren't you resting?"

"You weren't there when I woke up."

Her eyes went soft. She clicked her tongue sadly and pulled you into a hug.

You've been sick for the last couple of days and though Mina has been doing her best by taking care of you, waiting on you hand and foot, you're still not recovered.

"Why'd you leave me?"

"I didn't want to wake you. I got a little restless so I thought I'd go watch some tv so I wouldn't wake you."

"No, I want you to lay with me."

She chuckled but once she saw the pout on your lips she stopped. She cupped your warm cheeks.

"Cuddle with me."

"Okay, baby. Let me just go,"

"No." You tightened your arms around her and dropped your cheek onto her shoulder. "Cuddle me now."

She giggled and gave you a gentle squeeze before pulling away.

"Okay. I'll give you lots of cuddles if it'll help you feel better."

You nodded and leaned your head against her shoulder while she wrapped her arms around you to lead you back to bed.

You crawled under the blankets and she tucked you in, draping them up to your shoulders and making sure they were tucked underneath you.

She crawled in beside you and started to brush her fingers through your hair comfortingly.

You brought your elbow up to cover your mouth before you coughed a couple of times. Mina squeezed her eyes, wincing when she heard how painful it sounded.

"Poor baby. You okay?"

You laid your head on her chest and tangled your warm legs with hers. "I will be." You mumbled. "Just don't let go. Keep cuddling me."

She started to brush her fingers along your skin. You let out a hum of contentment, finding comfort in her touch despite how terrible you felt.

"It won't be much longer till you feel better."

"Feels like forever." You mumbled tiredly, sniffling and letting out one more cough.

"I'm here for you, baby." She spoke softly in your ear. "No matter how long it takes, I'll be here to take care of you until you feel all better again. I'll give you lots of cuddles and I won't let go."

"Thank you, Mina,"

"Sweet dreams. I'll be right here to cuddle you the whole time." She whispered before kissing your head lingeringly, letting it be the last thing you heard before you drifted back off into a peaceful slumber with the hope that you'd feel better soon.