she forgets your birthday (requested)

The brush of Mina's lips against your forehead made your eyes flutter open. You were met with the golden rays of the sun shining through the window and Mina's smile that was just as bright.

"Good morning, my love." She said and your heart fluttered when you remembered what today was. It's your birthday and you had a feeling that with Mina by your side to celebrate the day, it'd be the best of your life so far.

"Good morning." You mumbled then yawned before catching a glimpse at the time on the wall. It was only a little after eight in the morning. You figured you'd get some time to sleep in and curl up with Mina on your special day, that she wouldn't wake you up so early.

"It's early."

"Yeah. I'm sorry to wake you up so early but I have to go into the studio today so I wanted to give you a kiss goodbye before I head out."

Your heart sank a little, but you brushed it off, thinking she was just messing around with you.

But when your eyes met, you could tell by the look in them that she was being truthful.

"Oh? But I thought you were taking today off. You said we'd spend it together."

"I don't think so, baby."

"But... it's an important day. Or, so you said." You frowned and watched her slip on her shoes and then pull her jacket around her shoulders.

"Nothing important happening as far as I know." She said and your heart shattered in your chest. "If it's a date, I'll make it up to you. In fact, I might not even be gone for too long. Just a few hours, hopefully." She said with a small smile and leaned in to give you a kiss goodbye, only for you to dodge her lips and turn away from her.

"Have a good day." You mumbled and tried not to let the heartache you felt show.

She just nodded and walked out of the room without another word. She couldn't tell what was wrong with you but she brushed it off and told herself to make it up to you later. For now, work called and she knows with everything lined up soon, she can't get out of it.

While you just brushed your teeth and then crawled back under the covers to spend the rest of your day, Mina arrived at practice. She walked inside and put her bag onto the floor with a sigh.

"I'm here!" She spoke cheerfully. Because even though she was tired and she felt bad for leaving you today, she was happy to be back with the girls. The days in practice aren't easy, but they're much more tolerable than they'd be if she didn't have them by her side.

She pulled her hair back and straightened out her shirt before turning to them. They all stood staring at her with expressions of shock, confusion, and even a little anger.

"Whoa. What's up with you all?"

"Us? What's up with you?" Jihyo asked and folded her arms over her chest, her eyebrows still furrowed in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to practice!"

"No. You're supposed to join us tomorrow, remember? You were taking today off to spend with y/n!" Jeongyeon reminded her but with everything on Mina's mind about studio time, practice, shows, and interviews coming up, she couldn't seem to remember why she was taking the day off.

"Don't tell us that you forgot..." Momo said, to which Mina just shrugged her shoulders. "You forgot your girlfriend's birthday?!"

Mina's eyes went wide, a nervous and confused chuckle slipping from her lips. She pulled her phone out of her bag and turned it on to check it for the first time all morning. She saw the date and suddenly felt so guilty and so ashamed of herself.