not like this (requested)

"Are you feeling okay, baby? You don't feel like you're going to be sick or anything?" Mina asked as she helped you over to the bed.

Having you sit down at the edge of it, she made sure that you were feeling okay before she'd be willing to do anything else.

You went out tonight with your friends for just a couple of drinks but you ended up getting a little carried away and had more than intended.

Now, you're so drunk that you can't even stand up on your own and if it hadn't been for Mina, who knows how you would've made it to bed.

"I'm okay." You said, words slurred slightly.

"Before I help you get changed, is there anything you need?" She asked and at that moment, nothing came to your mind.

So you shook your head.

She got up and went to grab you some clean clothes, which ended up being one of her shirts and a pair of cozy pajama bottoms.

"Okay, here we go, baby. Once we're done with this, you can close your eyes and get some rest."

Usually, that would sound nice.

In fact, just a few minutes ago, it did.

But now. that wasn't what you wanted.

Wordlessly grabbing her hand as she reached for the strap of your dress, she paused and frowned when your fingers wrapped around hers.

"Baby, what is it?"

"There is something I need."

"Oh, okay. Tell me what that is." She said as she looked into your eyes, worried you might be feeling sick.

But your answer wasn't at all what she expected.

"You."

She stared at you in confusion, wondering to herself what you meant by that.

"I need you, Mina. I want to take that next step."

She was about to speak, but you didn't give her the chance to say a word.

You just put your lips on hers to give her a steamy kiss, one you desperately needed and hoped that she'd melt into.

It clicked then about what you had meant.

You were ready for that next step in your relationship - that intimate, romantic, and physical step.

Mina has never forced you or made you feel rushed into taking that step.

That's not who she is and as much as she's wanted to take that step with you for quite some time, she was as patient and as loving as ever.

She's been waiting for this moment, though.

She couldn't deny that.

So she melted into the kiss and into you.

Despite the alcohol on your breath, she got lost in you and the taste of your lips as you kissed her and pulled her close to you.

But after a moment, when you began to try and take her shirt off, she snapped back to reality.

This was wrong.

As much as she wanted it, it wasn't right.

She pulled away from your lips and you whined when she turned her cheek as you tried to kiss her again.

It pained her to refuse your kiss and hear you whine about it but she just couldn't do what you wanted her to do; not now.

"Mina?" You questioned and she looked back into your eyes again. "Kiss me?"

"I can't, baby."

"Why not?" You asked, almost hurt as she stared at you. "You don't want me? You don't want to take that next step with me?"

Her heart shattered at those words.

"No, sweet girl, that isn't it at all. I promise you. I want that more than anything with you. But you're drunk, very drunk. You're losing your self-control and it doesn't feel right. It feels as though I'd be taking advantage of you and I love you too much to do that."

"But you wouldn't-"

"I know," She interrupted by putting her finger over your lips. "But not tonight. Not like this."

"Then when?"

"Any time your heart desires. When you feel better, when you're sober, then we can take that next step together. But not while you're this vulnerable."

She sent you a soft smile as she gently tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"I love you. I promise that day for that next step will come. But it's not tonight."

"Okay." You agreed. "I love you too."

She helped you out of your clothes and into your pajamas before kissing your forehead softly.

"Lay down."

You moved up to the pillows and closed your eyes as she lay down beside you.

"If I'm not hungover, can that day be tomorrow?" You asked.

Mina chuckled happily and slowly nodded her head.

"Probably. Let's see what the day holds. For now, just rest. I've got you."

You drifted off to sleep, leaving Mina with a smile on her face as her heart swelled with love for you.