waking her for cuddles

Feeling frustrated and miserable, you rolled onto your back once more. You kicked off the blanket Mina had draped over you a couple of hours ago to keep you warm. You lied awake and coughed into your elbow as beads of sweat gathered by your hairline from the fever that continued to linger, despite all the medicine you've taken to try to get rid of it.

You wanted more than anything to be in Mina's arms. You can't help but be a little more clingy than usual when you're sick. But you knew from the way Mina holds you a little closer and a little tighter than she normally does that she doesn't mind one bit.

You tried to fight the urge to wake her and the need to be wrapped in her arms. You could hear her soft breaths coming from beside you. You could tell she was in a deep sleep; a peaceful slumber. She's been taking such great care of you over the last couple of days while you've been sick. She's waited on you hand and foot, getting you anything you might need without a second thought. You know she must be exhausted.

But you felt exhausted too. You're tired of being sick, tired of feeling so terrible and so ill. This cold you came down with seems to be the worst one you've ever had and you wanted to sleep it off.

But you felt restless. You wanted her to hold you again. You wanted her arms around you to bring you warmth and security; two things you're in need of with how sick you feel.

Your muscles ached as you rolled onto your side to face her. You watched her chest rise and fall steadily. You listened to a few soft sounds fall from her lips as she stirred a little but quickly fell right back to sleep.

You laid your hand on her forearm. Your fingertips felt warm against her skin and when you mindlessly brushed them along her arm she opened her eyes quickly.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

"I didn't mean to wake you." You tried to say, but your voice was scratchy and weak.

"It's okay. Do you need something, honey? Not feeling good again?"

You went to say something when you started to shiver.

"You're freezing." She mumbled as she reached for your blanket and draped it over you again, causing a breath of relief to fall from your lips. "That better?"

You shrugged, making her frown. "I was wondering if you could cuddle me. I just want you to hold me."

She didn't hesitate to wrap you in her arms and lay her head against yours. "Better now?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Mina."

She shook her head and laid a few kisses to the top of yours. She ran her fingers along your shoulders soothingly and watched you close your eyes. "I hope you feel better soon." She whispered softly in your ear and then laid a kiss behind it. Your skin was warm, but she found comfort in realizing that it wasn't nearly as warm as before. "Goodnight, my love."

"Sweet dreams, Mina." You muttered before you fell asleep, feeling much better now that you were warm and safe in her arms.