Chapter 79 - My foolish God

Hayato shook the inevitable headache inflicting his mind, it seemed like he was going to have to save the questions until much later.

For now, however he couldn't leave his Boss, who was shivering and tossing at any given turn, he was also pitifully unkempt.

For a while now, was Ryuu in this deteriorated state, and in that time, his mind too had passed the stage of communication.

All that Hayato knew of Ryuu, were Ryuu's fear's and his pain. These were things heard or things that can be seen.

But once in a while, In fact, many a time did he, as if in a delirious fumble he would recite a mystifying string of words. It went, 'My fool, my foolish God. My small God. My fool, how could you. Why did you perish so?' sometimes in a different order.

Only a small few knew of Ryuu's particular supernatural state and they should be awake right now. This was only made possible due to the fact Mikage had personally subjugated a large mass of the group's followers. However, only a hand-selected few were actually included in the circle. So that whenever Ryuu would lash out, at the very least it was manageable. Manageable meaning not having their bones nor flesh broken in the process. And that was between the four of them.

What Hayato did by visiting him alone was stupid, to say the least, but he wasn't thinking, too many things were falling apart.
There were disputes with the higher-ups, splits were occurring within the Seiryuu-kai, some of the men dropped out to join other groups. Even the unitised gangs were poaching members, himself including, clearly making a statement.

They were beginning to think Ryuu was no longer worthy of being head, as made clear by their actions of usurping power. The longer Ryuu remained out of action the more dangerous the situation progressed, power was slowly slipping from his fingers.

Even Kenji turned traitor, all with the explanation being Mikage's intolerable presence, but that wasn't substantial as it clearly had been a long-premeditated plan of his the separate.
He sowed mistrust with other members.
However, only the smarter ones knew his ambitions were obscene and more malevolent based.

His plans were to generate more cash at the expense of their reputation and even morals. These things Ryuu wouldn't tolerate from his own Group. And saying that, in Hayato's own opinion, only the simple-minded few had left with him; in fact, he did Ryuu a favour weeding out waste.

Hayato had just finished placing Ryuu into bed. His poor Boss he always thought since Ryuu was his saviour and childhood friend that he knew him best. But again, and again he was proved wrong, aspects of him were being uncovered with Mikage's appearance and now without him. He always thought his childhood friend was made of steel but his pained face was unlike anything he'd ever seen.
Hayato frowned resentfully, "Mikage what the hell are you doing?"

"He's too kind, our Mikage, but occasionally he doesn't realise that many a time his kindness hurts us. Mikage is probably with our father", Ichi suggested mystifyingly.

"Your father? What do you mean? Akira?"

"Yes, you know him as Akira, Azuki from our previous life. Did you not know of that? I assumed you did".

Hayato sighed rubbing his temples, he'd promised to keep an open mind. But there was still a limit. "To some extent, it was explained"

Ichi nodded in understanding, "It's not nice being kept in the dark, whilst having to deal with the aftermath. How about if I were to show you?" Ichi suggested.

"Show me what?"

"It might break your mind"

"What..." before Hayato was any the wiser, Ichi had gripped at his head and before he could even protest, images flooded through his mind. Moments he felt and a sensation he couldn't describe, experiences that never happened before, and power he'd never possessed.