Chapter 70 - Nobu and Risa?

"Aniki..." Yasu managed to squeeze his voice was faint but Mikage could hear him. He came after they all charged into the room, he was a step too late. But like the rest, he was frozen in place and just saying that single word caused blood to shoot up from his throat and he felt it dribble from his nose.

Mikage struggled to, but managed to close his eyes, he then opened them once again and the light disappeared from his eyes. It was like he was possessed by something

"If anyone still wants to pierce me with their blades...you can try," Mikage said coolly, peering at all those struggling back onto their feet.

He went to Teraka and helped him onto the chair, his breaths were quickened and his arms still shaking.
"I was too harsh," he remarked, glancing at Yasu just outside the door who was only just getting onto his feet.

He placed his two fingers on his forehead and instantly Teraka's breathing and trembling settled down,

"I accept the punishment," Mikage said, " From now I'll be in your care Teraka-san".

Teraka has come across many situations, types of people after all he's lived a long time, but nothing like this, it was too irrational. He would describe himself as a spiritual person perhaps that what drew him to this lad, he knew it deeply, that this person was most definitely not a mortal. Yet he was entertaining their so-called 'authority'. Why to taunt us?

'No,' Teraka knew better and he noticed that the lad would glance in the same direction several times. Towards their Boss.

It's not the Boss who's taken by the lad, but instead, it was he that is taken by the boss. Otherwise, why were they still living when at any moment he could have seized their breaths and people would be none the wiser.

"It appears so, I think its best we get it underway immediately. It best we take our leave"

---

Mikage left Kuro in Yasu's care, she was very reluctant yet and followed his instructions diligently. And despite being very fearful Yasu promised to take care of her and feed her properly.

Mikage closed his eyes and slumped into the chair "Teraka, can you take me to Nobu"

"I can arrange that", Teraka responded fairly quickly and told the driver what destination to go to.

"I'm grateful", Mikage simply said.

"I hope you're not disheartened. Everyone thought they had an idea of who was going to stand next to the boss In their own minds. But they were simply fooling themselves, realistically with our Bosses eccentricities I didn't think he'd even find partner," Yasu felt he needed to make that clear at least.

Mikage merely listened to him.

After 5 minutes of silence Teraka mustered up the confidence to speak again, "May I ask you a question", he started.

"Mmn" Mikage simply hummed in agreement.

"What are you?"

"What do you think," he spoke rather lazily.

That was enough to make him come up with many conclusions but confirm some at the same time. Of course, he wanted to ask much more but Teraka read between the lines and simply had to hold back.

They finally arrived Teraka was more than interested to see why this person was so attached to Nobu, it was his prediction that he wouldn't take Nobu's punishment lightly. But this went beyond his expectations but then again he couldn't judge the boy by normal standards.

****

"Pour me another onee" a rowdy voice bellowed.

Mikage was more than shocked to see that it belonged to Nobu, he didn't imagine this man to be so thick-headed. Out of all the places you could name, he chose to be at a hostess bar. Before he'd even entered, he looked at Teraka with a more than unfair doubtful gaze. Despite his shock, he was glad to see that Nobu seemed to be happily pouring a drink down his throat surrounded by more than a few pretty ladies.