Chapter 84 - Do you wish to leave?

Mikage didn't recognise where he resided, the sky was the first thing that stood out to him. Unlike the heavens where the atmosphere was always white, this place had a multi-coloured sunset and a denseness that filled its atmosphere. Further, in the distance, he saw what looked like shrines and temples, all clearly abandoned and dilapidated.

There was a strange feeling he couldn't identify. He looked up at the largest temple closest to him, he was supposed to go there he knew instinctively but his body didn't allow him to. He wasn't sure he wanted to either.

He turned to walk elsewhere and eventually found himself at a fountain, of mist. It reached so high he couldn't see where it began to fall from. He placed out his hand curious about the scattering mist that would sink to the floor. It darkened as he touched it, Mikage retracted his hand and turned away. He knew it was pointless when he felt a weight halt his steps. He wasn't able to move, he then felt the entire domain became hostile.

"Want to leave, so soon after returning?" said a voice that seemed to surround him.

Mikage didn't answer nor look back, there was something about the echoed whisper of the voice that was between dreamlike and nightmarish.

"Are you angry child? It had to be done. And your mission was done well," continued the voice.

Mikage felt his hands tremble a little, despite what he perceived as the voice's attempt to portray its affections. Mikage's confusion and foreboding forced his silence. Sensing something wrong he attempted to speak up.

"Tha-"

when he tried he was unable to exalt any air, he felt his entire body crush as it was moved before the entity. He was actually being held. its hand had covered Mikage's entire torso.

Even when he was placed right before it, he didn't dare look up. With no idea what it was or who he was. Mikage relied on a screaming instinct that told him there was something dangerous about it; especially its eyes. What he noticed instead, was its hair that was pale like his own and so long it couldn't be measured by his vision at all.

"Do you wish to leave too? There's nowhere you can go," the entity smiled as he spoke and his grip loosened. "Although it was he who created you, I can also reforge you"

Mikage shook quietly as if habit, his actions were weak and appeared amiable. Not a habit he was particularly accustomed to but one that seemed to plant itself in his subconsciousness.

The entity studied him carefully, "Good."

The entity opened his hand. The abrupt shift caused Mikage to fall backwards. He inadvertently relaxed just when he was released. He shifted his body so that he'd at least sit in the entity's palm, as he lacked the strength to stand.

"My child you have enforced my will adequately. I'll grant you a gift. what is it you want?" The entity that Mikage was unable to observe properly had all his attention concentrated on him. His lips twisted with what he saw to be a vague amusement.

Mikage is entirely aware of who is where he came from, how he came to be, who he loves, who he has hurt and those he has lost. Which makes things extremely difficult. As Mikage understood very few things at this moment, although one glaring thing was that whoever he currently had possessed - or at least what the entity saw himself as - wasn't Mikage

The intense power radiating from the entity gave no doubt to Mikage's conclusions, that this entity was undoubtedly the master of this domain.

He needed to know how and why he was here. But this entity who appears to know him couldn't allow him even the space to breathe nor think. It was a fast realisation he knew deep down in his soul, that he truly feared this entity.