Chapter 31 - To take a life

"This is not some fantasy, this is real life, where someone holding a gun is responsible for the life of the person who he aims it at. In my world, this is a reality. And if you choose not to hold that gun, you on the other side of it will die."

"These hands of mine are responsible for many lives and equally have spilt the blood of many lives, innocent along with guilty. Being a yakuza is no game" Ryuu stated.

'This life that he was born into, will Miyuki accept him or will he fear him? He wanted to know immediately'.

"What do you think about me taking lives," Ryuu asked.

'Receiving such a question was difficult, as a former God his view on life and death may be somewhat evolved'. Mikage deeply considered 'when it came to killing count, his hand was soaked in far more blood than Ryuu's.

"Why do you kill", he asked instead.

"because it's a necessity" Ryuu truthfully answered, staring deep into Mikage's eye's to pick up the slightest change in them.

"In a way your right, for years people have been killing one another for a purpose or reason. Even nowadays people who kill, do it because it's necessary. Like if there was a man with a hostage, he desperately wants to live, however, he threatens another life because of it; you could say it was necessary to kill him, a duty; to save another life. People make that decision all the time, when is it necessary to kill?

Normally the regular person, if given a choice, would choose to sacrifice the person keeping the hostage, but what if the hostage is a bad person, would you still kill to save him? Life is full of unpredictable events, contradictions and irrationality. And it just so happens that dying is a part of life, so is killing. In the end, we live to die. It's just you're dying sooner than predicted or because of others irrationality. All killing is justified in one way or another, but in the end, it's still robbing another person of their life. So, taking away the elaborate excuses, it's all the same thing". The lives that you take in something you have to carry with you as a consequence.

Ryuu was speechless, Miyuki's words were absolutely correct, everything he said was right and unnaturally wise, it was such a strange ideal, but Ryuu felt It resonated deeply with himself. He felt more than anyone else Miyuki was the one who understood him the most

But the thing that startled Ryuu the most was Mikage's eyes. His eyes seemed to obscure a familiar gleam. As if he's was taken lives before, the aura he protruded wasn't normal either. Ryuu recognised it, usually, people of the same kind can identify each other.

Although it was a very curious thing Ryuu wanted Miyuki to voluntarily tell him himself.

"Would you ever kill" Ryuu asked.

"Yes," Mikage replied his eyes becoming cold, 'if he had to he would.' So brief and straightforward, it was a charm Miyuki had however now it seemed; pitiful.

Ryuu embraced him with his larger body "as long as I'm here you won't have to stain your hands, but I can't always be here. So, you have to at least learn to protect yourself".

Mikage felt warmth in the embrace.

----

Mikage leant his back against the sturdy chest steadying his breathing, "just stay still" Ryuu whispered, his breath brushing against Mikage ear. "I can't do it anymore" Mikage whined.

"Just three more times, then it will be over" Ryuu convinced. Mikage felt thoroughly humiliated never had he felt so ashamed and exposed.

"Just one more and that's it," he said gritting his teeth. He breathed out and closed his eyes, Ryuu put his hands over Mikage's, holding 'it' steadily in place.

"Don't close your eyes, watch carefully" Ryuu spoke thoughtfully.

Mikage breathed in, deeply concentrating he pulled the trigger chaotically. He fired three rounds each missing the target completely. Each round fired, went all in different directions.

"Ahahaha, he's the worst shot, boss don't even let him touch a gun after this." Someone shouted.

"Cuz there's more of a chance of him shooting us than enemies" another commented.

A crowd of uncouth Yakuza continued roaring in laughter not far from the shooting site, gathering up at the exposed corridor. Not one round hit the target.

"Aaahh, he useless, even with boss helping he has no hope" another yakuza shook his head, attracting more laughter.

Mikage was very tempted to start shooting in their direction and see if they'll still laugh.

"Don't worry Bishounen-San, well take care of you. So, don't even think of touching a gun" another person commented.

The humiliation was unbearable Mikage face was on fire, he squeezed the gun in anger. After this, he's never touching a gun again.

"Enough now" Mikage spoke through gritted teeth to Ryuu. Ryuu smiled unnoticed by anyone, it seemed refreshing that Mikage wasn't completely perfect at everything. But he still had concern.

"Enough! it seems you lot have too much time on your hands" Ryuu scarily raised his voice.

Immediately the crowd scattered in a hurry, not daring to test their boss's patience.

Mikage removed his safety glasses and placed the dented gun on the nearest table.

Just wanna say killing is absolutely not okay(very badd) and there's no justification for it. Anywho I'll be back soooooooooon 

not too soon

but soon 

just pester me and I'll probably speed up

as always thanks for being so amazing and patient ladies and the 2% men