Chapter 52 - The Boss's return

The detective retreated his hand embarrassed and a bit peeved from being called out on one of his schemes. "Hmm, aren't we the smart one. I wonder what your profession is?" he asked sarcastically.

Mikage didn't grace him with a reply as it was beneath him to even continue talking to him. But of course, Junsei didn't feel the same, that inferior specimen looking down on his younger brother annoyed him greatly.

"He still seventeen so he doesn't have a profession. And don't you dare look down on him at six he was able to comprehend and even score a perfect score on high school examinations. His IQ surpasses each and every person here" Junsei left with Mikage, parting everyone with a state of disbelief. However, even they knew that Shibazaki-Keibu wasn't a liar. Kawashima was in further embarrassment.

Mikage had to admit it although it was the truth it was all unnecessary points they didn't need know in the first place.

Although it by his request to come with Junsei to his workplace it wasn't interesting in the least, he wasn't helpful in the least. Computers were certainly difficult for him to comprehend, he could barely help Junsei with the search. So, after that one time, he didn't ask to go to his workplace again.

This left Junsei with a bit of happiness as he didn't like showing his favourite person with everyone, he remembered how many eyes looked at him both male and female. It was extremely irritating.

"remember that conversation we had a long time ago," as he brought up the conversation Mikage was in the middle of doing upside-down situps, on the exercise bar that was put in the doorway.

Junsei who'd been on his laptop amidst his research, he immediately placed his reading glasses aside with the laptop and held his chin in contemplation.

He thought for a moment "the one when you got embarrassed of me picking you up and you tried to argue saying something like, 'it was a tender age for children your age and said being independent was important.' But ultimately gave in as you couldn't keep up with me with those tiny legs of yours".

Mikage grimaced what exactly was in this person's head? Obviously, that was not he was talking about, 'remembering something so disgraceful to him'. That's when he was at least a six-year-old 'in biological terms' and Junsei was sixteen then.

"About how you believed I was an angel and I told you I was something similar. Do you still believe that?" Mikage asked.

As a matter of fact, Junsei did believe that the first time he saw the young man he truly believed he was a special existence. "I still do"

"forsake that idea because it doesn't even come close to what I truly am," he said in an uninviting tone.

"no matter you truly are in my eye's you're still the same" 'his younger brother'.

Mikage couldn't help but smile sweetly, 'that's exactly the problem'.

-------[SWITCH]

{---Two days after Mikage's disappearance--- }

Each of the members began to arrive one by one in a large room under a dim light. Each clan sub-leader sat down on the chairs each opposite one another, their seats were all ordered according to the position. Those higher would be situated closer to the boss. This was a practice to show off their greatness and emphasising each of their individual importance. And to remind those who them the importance of their leader.

This gathering wasn't normal, only if something extremely important were to occur would all these faces be in one room together.

To a normal person, this gathering of fearsome people would be too much to bear and would cause them to shiver ceaselessly in their boots.