Chapter 23 - Healing

WOOW 5k you guy's, do you believe it?? I don't. FRIGGIN AMAZINGGG!!!! I appreciate all you guys. Thank you!! Another chapter will come today.  In the meantime, I'll be playing Tekken.

"Don't let me be disturbed, unless it's absolutely essential," Mikage warned the new security. One of them was clearly irritated by Mikage's commanding attitude, in response he scowled at Mikage to show his annoyance. But he soon felt threatened under Mikage's penetrating glare. He felt pure intimidation from Mikage and retreated his glare.

He felt this person wasn't to be reckoned with. On the other hand, the other guard was more impassive. Mikage observed them both it seems there was nothing special about the first, however, there was something interesting about the second. He sent them out to guard the door.

Mikage unplugged the IV drip he was still attached to as it was distracting and very uncomfortable. Mikage had over twenty of the needles in each of his legs and swallowed some of the bitter medicine he'd crushed in a bowl from his bag and water from the table next to him. He felt the numbing pain disappear replaced with a surge of coolness. He meditated to sense the current state of his legs.

It seems if he used acupuncture treatment every day for two hours it will be fully healed within five days, he predicted. It was important not to excessively use the acupuncture or it will bring about the opposite results, depending on what type of injury you have and how strong your body is.

He went into deep meditation excluding everything surrounding him, he solely focused on his legs healing. Surprisingly he wasn't bothered throughout his meditation.

He felt his muscles tightening; slowly shifting his bones. It was a very excruciating pain, it was more than the injury inflicted itself. However, he still kept his concentration and fought through the pain. His legs started to burn he endured the fiery raw agony. His body started to sweat and tremor.

After enduring the pain for what seemed to be hours. The tremoring came to an end, Mikage opened his eyes tiredly, limply falling backwards. He sighed relief from the absence of the aching. He reclined backwards, fixing his breathing state. He rested for a few minutes until his breathing calmed down.

"Is there something you need Satou-sensei?". Mikage calmly opened, not moving his sight from the white ceiling he was positioned to look at.

*******

Satou operated in a surgery he was scheduled for, hence why he'd left so soon; despite his worries. When he finished he overheard the nurses gossiping about the new 'yakuza' patient having some sort of altercation with another member he felt uneasy.

He immediately rushed over with the excuse of consultation regarding his legs. A nurse bravely followed after him as the yakuza patient's IV drip needed changing. However, initially, they weren't permitted to enter the room by two fierce men wearing suits.

Satou's worry increased for that boy if he was hurt he wasn't sure how to feel, apart from regret. He confronted the intimidating looking guards, saying difficult medical terms; which would ultimately impact the boy's health.

In the end, the stoic one allowed only him to enter but accompanied by them. And they weren't allowed to do anything. When Satou entered he was relieved and shocked. Relieved since the boy seemed unharmed. But shocked at his appearance, he was actually meditating. Furthermore, if he wasn't wrong he is undergoing acupuncture treatment. If not done properly he could cause serious nerve damage.

He wanted to warn the boy, however, he was given a threatening look by one of the yakuza. Satou felt useless, he watched the boy keenly; it seemed like he was in a lot of pain.

****

Satou stared blankly "...Uhh, I wanted to discuss options regarding your health". Mikage nodded, he started to remove needles, placing the used ones in an empty container. As they were made from silver they could be sterilised.

Satou came forward the guard has about to impeded him, but Mikage shook his head. The stoic guard knowingly backed-off from Satou-sensei.

"Are you sure you should be taking them out so recklessly, shouldn't someone...". "I applied them myself. "Mikage interrupted.

"There is not going to be any options as I'll be leaving soon" Mikage declared.

"You can't leave so soon!" Satou panicked. "You have to follow the proper procedures, who knows when you collapse again. Furthermore, if not treated properly your legs will never be the same". Satou tried to talk sense in Mikage. 'Maybe acupuncture will alleviate pain but it won't heal him.'

Mikage saw the goodwill in his eyes and heard the concern in his words. This person bravely marched himself in a dangerous place with yakuza, just because he was concerned about his patient. He was really a baka that Mikage couldn't hate.

There no way Mikage could be unkind to such a pure-hearted person. "Take me for another x-ray scan," Mikage said.

"Why? it's not recommended to overexpose your legs to excessive radiation" Satou disagreed.

"just do it or I'll leave immediately" he knew Satou-sensei wouldn't agree unless he threatened him in this way.