Chapter 57 - Loss

As per order, kagura (-or) Takehiro gathered all the familiars. It was a task made easy with her ability of seeing, connecting and influencing one's soul; a rare telepathic sort of ability. Which thanks to Mikage's influence it was enhanced to an unprecedented degree.

As the second in charge she was trusted as commander whenever Mikage wasn't present. All the Yokai and God familiars serving under Mikage had a sizeable amount of faith and even more respect In Kagura.

None of the familiars were fully aware of the current calamitous circumstance however they were acting on an order and despite the uncertainty their faith remained unshaken.

Ultimately the goal in the end was to leave the eternal realm unscathed and enter the strange unpredictable Yokai realm. Kagura tactfully decided to split everyone according skill, strength and power so they didn't attract attention and if they did, they had the correct support.

There were three separate known ways of crossing over to other realm and crossing over was simple and the risks of being targeted under suspicion was more of a concern in comparison.

Furthermore, of course the fact that those of the eternal realm were not exactly welcome in the Yokai realm was an issue for the Gods especially.

Mikage's familiars amounted to 167 in total, it was a tale of coming and going. However, each and every familiar were extremely formidable, their powers matching even that of some of the higher gods. So as for getting to their destination, there wasn't a problem in vision.

At the same time Kagura had different plans. There was no chance she was leaving whilst having more of an idea of the situation.

At that moment she could sense her God's soul surrounded by malicious intent and it was in the direction of the summit of judgement.

A place known for defectors or those with corrupted souls, to ultimately be condemned by a harsh judgment of execution. Mere familiars were forbidden entry especially her kind, as it was usually her kind who would be targeted.

But it didn't add up as Mikage is a martyr of fairness, so he completely loathed the summit through and through. Gods who even attended the summit he vocally shunned, which was a well-known element of his defined characteristics.

So, the very idea of Mikage even stepping one foot into that place didn't make sense as it went against everything he stood for. Knowing him the best Kagura knew he wasn't there by choice, 'he was in danger'. And she had to do something but she wasn't going to risk everyone else, she knew her God the most, more than anyone else and doing such a thing would be the worst thing in his eyes.

She had already made a decision she was going to him but before she made the next step something struck her. Each soul she was connected were all of a sudden cut from her, one by one each connection was forcefully torn away.

Loosing connection only meant one thing permanent death, this was bad she had to be there however she couldn't leave her master. She had to leave her comrades they would choose the same as her anytime they would've gladly thrown away their life for the sake of Mikage.

She clenched her shaky fist in resolution 'they would've done the same as her' she knew it but her feet felt glued to the spot.

"What am I supposed to do Mikage-sama? Just wha..."

There was no time for hesitation and she already knew the answer.

"...."

*****

Mikage looked up at Takehiro with a startlingly empty expression on his face, it wasn't disbelief or anger. Takehiro knew this person, arguably better than most. Perhaps even more than anyone else.

He was in pain all those that he cared for, lived with...raised were all gone without a trace.

"Mikage...Sama" Takehiro called out softly, but not to his surprise he was left with silence. His face appeared to be drained and the former glow disappeared. "Mikage- sama" Takehiro called again "if you..."

"Don't" Mikage interrupted his sentence "I want to be alone" he walked right past Takehiro.

Takehiro hesitated with his actions giving Mikage the chance to smoothly pass by, with a moment of realisation he whipped his head in the direction of his room and discovered that Mikage had yet to leave. Takehiro sprinted to the other person before he reached the door.

Without thinking Takehiro took a forceful hold of the boy's wrist and within a split second the man was flung aside like a discarded doll. Takehiro collided into the wall sounding a painful thud.

Takehiro couldn't help but groan in pain, he could've avoided such an embarrassing outcome if his mind was clearer.

Right before Mikage's hand touched the door Takehiro got desperate "i'm in pain too!" he shouted. 'They were his friends too, but what could he have done?'

Only after Mikage heard that he snapped back into the moment, his eyes showed an immense amount of shock and regret. He didn't expect for that to happen.

He rushed over to Takehiro's side, who was still on the floor holding his head, he frantically started checking his head.

Takehiro placed his hands over Mikage's shaky ones and stared reassuringly into his eyes "I'm fine" he said slowly.

"I'm sorry" Mikage scrunched, his eyebrows.

"Don't be"

"You don't understand I failed...i had failed again and again! What God am I? My family, those whom I love. I can't save them and I couldn't protect them. I failed as a God" Mikage said his pitch gradually growing.

"Your wrong!" Takehiro shouted firmly "you're still our God, you granted each of us a life and a purpose to live. Each and one of us would gladly lay our lives down for your sake"

"Stop speaking like that, your life is for yourself" Mikage reminded harshly.

"I'm glad you're alive" Takehiro said softly.

"Yeah..."

----

A few days had passed and Mikage wasn't quite the same, his eyes had a constant blank stare and fleeting attention. Takehiro was extremely perturbed as he was used to Mikage in the past acting out in various ways when misfortune befell on him. Of course, nothing ever went unnoticed through his eyes.

At one-point Mikage would constantly seek companionship and lay with many God's or even Goddesses' across the years, as if seeking something in someone or even himself.

But as the years went on, he eventually stopped. And with his current lover's pestering persistence Mikage eventually gave in settled down forming a special single companionship; usually non-monogamous relationships were the norm. However, it was a huge shock and disappointment to many when it was announced Mikage would be settling down.

Even disappearing on occasions was understandable but this side of Mikage he was not used to how exactly was he supposed to approach this?

Eat, drink, walk, wash he would all those almost mindlessly but, speaking he would do less and less of. Takehiro understood he was mourning as he's seen him do it before. A loss on such a large scale must be devastating especially for him but how long exactly was this to continue for? 

Hehehe finally released Hallelujah omg i was meaning to release this at Christmas but i couldn't leave you guy's on a cliff. So, I've got a wonderful surprise for you guy's in later chapters. Consider it a late Christmas present from yours truly. And Happy new year.   

Any-who 5 chapter release yaay