Chapter 21 - The cost doesn't matter

Haha, i'm the best aren't I. Two chapters in a row, boom!!!Enjoy.

Mikage stayed silent he opened his eyes concentrating on the figure above, he was being sincere about helping him, however... "Are you aware of who you are going up against and the risks of getting involved?" Mikage asked

"I'm aware and I can still help you, just tell me you need it." He said.

"you would really risk yourself going against the yakuza for a stranger" Mikage questioned.

"Yes," he replied unhesitantly.

"Don't be naïve, do not dedicate your life to another person, it's simply ridiculous, even more so to a stranger at that. I can tell you are kind, but you are a huge baaka"

"Furthermore, you misunderstood something, if you think I'm in anyway threatened or troubled don't take me too lightly, it can be insulting, do you understand." Mikage said shooting an icy glare at him.

Mikage knew this doctor definitely had seen the marks, but he also inflicted marks on Ryuu too.

Satou was really taken aback. Unconscious the boy seemed harmless and fragile. But as soon as he opened his eyes, Satou could see the profoundness in them. His speech was oddly imposing; It wasn't normal, maybe he did get something wrong, but his worries still weren't diminished.

"Even so your resolve is admirable, but remember a character like you who lives for others well-being, won't have a fulfilled life," Mikage said plainly.

"I disagree helping others, saving people's lives is fulfilling enough. Some may argue it's senseless, however, I think it's a worthy way of life." Satou said confidently.

Mikage saw the seriousness and the unwavering in his expression. "Not badly Satou-sensei, I don't quite hate idiots like you," Mikage said jokingly. In turn, Satou smiled

"Thank you for the compliment and your advice," Satou said genuinely. Mikage smiled and shut his eyes.

Satou felt the young boy didn't mean harm, it was probably his way of showing concern. "Would it be possible to be taken back to the person that brought me here?" Mikage asked.

"Of course," Satou left the room.

Some nurses came and took Mikage who was strapped to an IV drip to a separate room. There were two people standing outside the room guarding it. They made space for the nurses to take Mikage into the room, the nurses set the bed in place and left, leaving only two people in the room.

"They said the reason why you collapsed is that you were malnourished, you were lacking nutrients in your body. When was the last time you ate a meal?" Ryuu asked his expression darkening.

It had actually been at least three days. But if Mikage said that it wouldn't be plausible as malnourishment is usually caused by a long-term of not eating adequately.

It was the way his body works, anytime he would be injured his body rapidly heals it, causing his nutrition consumption to be many times quicker than the average person. Therefore, he'd required large amounts of energy and he'd not eaten in a long time.

"A few days ago," Mikage vaguely answered. Mikage estimated it had only been a few hours since he'd arrived here.

Ryuu could tell that Miyuki didn't want to conversate about it anymore so he left it at that. "I have no intention of staying here any longer, I can estimate the cost of staying here is at an unreasonable fee already," Mikage said calmly still closing his eyes.

"The cost doesn't matter," Ryuu said frankly, 'as long as he gets better.'

Mikage snapped open his eyes. "No to you it doesn't, however to me this is a burden. Moreover, something as small as this can be easily taken care of", everything was unnecessary why did he need someone else telling him how to treat his body. The body which he was more aware of more than anyone else. Staying was a waste of time; pointless

"If it was so small then why did you collapse, you think you're taking care of your body. But the truth is you're careless with it?!". Ryuu reproached raising his volume. 'This person, he believes he's invincible but' Ryuu didn't view him like that. When Miyuki looked lifeless he felt indescribable painful throbbing in his heart, he didn't like that sort of pain at all.

Mikage was stuck never had anyone spoken to him in that way, and also the way Ryuu looked at him was unfamiliar. There wasn't anyone who looked at him like that. He was unable to respond to that. He lowered his head, like a scolded child.

"It's decided you're staying here," Ryuu said with absolution, he got up to leave. Quickly Mikage caught him. "I don't want to stay here, I won't be careless just don't make me stay here," he said docilely, facing downwards.

Ryuu looked back at Mikage who was hiding his face, he was behaving meekly.