Chapter 24 - Magic?

Satou was shocked beyond belief, it was written all over face. His mouth wide open speechless and his eyes bulged out of his head. "How is this... but a few minu... haah" he needed a moment as he couldn't finish his sentence.

Again, they were in a private room, he'd just taken a second scan on Mikage's legs. He held both of the scans in front of him. He really couldn't believe his eyes, one scan was from no more than 3 hours ago. Which showed obvious signed of old fractures that appeared to only go through a months' worth of healing.

Now the bones appeared to be going through the last stages of healing. This was a medical miracle; Satou has never seen such a thing before in his whole medical career. "is this some sort of magic" he questioned seriously looking right into Mikage's eyes.

Mikage laughed at him, for a realistic person such as a doctor to say such far-fetched things were unexpected. Satou grew extremely embarrassed at Mikage's unrestrained laughter. 'Did it sound so ridiculous, that even this person found it funny'.

"No, it isn't magic, but I don't mind showing you, would you like a demonstration" Mikage held up a thin silver needle and took a hold of Satou's arm. Satou's face turned green, he was never good with needles despite being a doctor. Just the thought made him petrified. Satou pointlessly struggled to get out of Mikage's hands, but he was surprisingly really strong.

Another unexpected reaction from the doctor, Mikage abruptly let go of him causing him to almost fall over. "Those scans that you managed to hold onto, I'd like to see it" Mikage held out his hand.

Satou handed them to Mikage accordingly without hesitation. Satou had never known any medical technique to be this advanced; healing broken bones in such a short space of time was no doubt an impossible feat. It was extremely hard to process. Much less with the use of acupuncture, he couldn't be blamed for his doubts, especially due to the fact he's a specialist.

Although it was not just the acupuncture which brought about the results, but also his body itself was one of the main reasons for his rapid recovery.

"I showed you this, not because I trust you, but because no one will believe you even if you tell them", Mikage used an extremely daunting glare to warn Satou. It was a valid point as Satou himself hadn't properly come to terms with that fact. Telling others this will be pointless.

Satou understood clearly what Mikage meant, even so, he had no intention of spreading anything as long as the patient feels that way.

Mikage took a careful look at the most recent scans, it accurately resembled the picture he envisioned whilst meditating. Mikage handed the x-ray scans back to Satou "I don't particularly care with what you choose to do with the scans. But you can just explain my current condition when the person comes back, okay".

"The person?" Satou asked confused. "The person who brought me here" Mikage elaborated. Satou recalled there being a tall imposing man who inquired about this young man's health. He seemed to be the leader, Satou assumed from he was the way he was guarded by the others and atmosphere he carried.

"It seems that person really cares for you," Satou said casually.

Mikage's ears perked up "Huh, why is it you think so?".

"I remember talking to him about your condition, although I say that it seemed more one-sided than that. Everything I said didn't seem to go through to him, uhhm." Satou scratched his head trying to find the right words.

"He watched you like you were the only person in his eyes as if everything else in the world didn't concern him".

Mikage was unsure how to feel about that "you seem so sure" Mikage said doubtfully.

"Strong feeling like that is hard to miss, I wish I could feel that way about someone," Satou said freely. A feeling like that was something Mikage had felt before, remembering it only gave him a painful feeling.