Chapter 50 - Friend or Foe?

Leaving was a fairly simple task. The members assigned to defence were specifically ordered to prevent people from entering, not exiting. Also, Mikage was already recognised as a higher up so not many placed their focus on his natural exit.

Already a distance away from the hospital Mikage didn't exactly have a clear destination to go to but for now, the most important thing was getting to a place where Ryuu's eyes and ears wouldn't reach. Therefore, crowds were extremely vital so that he could blend in easily amongst others. Knowing Nobu as soon as he could start speaking he would send people out to search for him and things will become even harder with Ryuu in the mix.

With his extremely fast pace, it wasn't hard for Mikage to reach a crowded place, he ended up in the so-called 'red light district', where even at the late hours night the crowds were still alive with vigour.

Through the crowded streets, Mikage could feel the obvious gazes and stares at his body. But he was unaware of what exactly caught the attention of others, was it the sword on his back? It could've been the agreeably odd hospital outfit which stood out? Either way whatever the reason it wasn't a good thing. He internally despaired he didn't wear something less conspicuous but right now it was definitely too late for last-minute regrets.

He had choices he could withdraw his money from his bankbook which he retrieved from Nobu, knowing that in time his transition would be traced back to his last withdrawal location. Hence why it wasn't a favourable idea unless he wanted to leave this place and constantly be on the move.

He bit his lip, 'how annoying' at this point, it would be almost impossible to find his father with his movements restricted like this.

He needed to make a decision, time was important. Just then Mikage felt someone approach him it wasn't just one person but a group of four, he looked upwards to face them on expression it was clear he wasn't particularly in a good mood.

They surrounded him blocking his pathway "Heey" the man who appeared to be the leader of the group directed the attention to him by speaking up. 

He stepped closer to Mikage "what are you wearing?" he joked as if he saw something very amusing. "Did you run away from home or something. How about we take you to a place where we can enjoy ourselves?" he offered the rest laughing behind him.

'Were they actually being serious? No, they were being serious. He had almost forgotten it used to be a daily occurrence when he would get harassed he would usually deal with it accordingly', but this time was different he couldn't afford to attract any more attention. Plus there were other methods of dealing with such nuisances. But before he could someone else popped up.

"Oy! what Is it you lot think you're doing over there?" a man came in and interrupted the crowd from behind. He held out a police badge "I think it might be my personal opinion, but I think handcuffs would suit you lot".

"Shit lets go it's a cop" another one of them shouted, immediately they dispersed exiting quicker than when they came in. 'How funny' Mikage felt their behaviour was amusing, such spineless things.

He had no reason to stay, "thank you police-san" Mikage bowed his head slightly in the direction of the policeman, sincerely expressing his thanks. Mikage lifted up his head and was faced with a distorted expression which seemed to be a weird looking element of surprise mixed with anger.

This stern handsome face he didn't forget it, Mikage's expression dropped he whipped his head back away and like those delinquents, he was going to bolt for it. But unexpectedly his arm was gripped tightly 'seriously, what the fuck is up with humans nowadays'.