Chapter 25 - Creature

"Mikage-sama! Mikage-sama, your ceremonial robe Mikage-sama". The person frantically flew around the large building. Searching on top of the roof, unable to find a trace of the figure she was looking for. "Did you find Mikage-sama? Kuro-Chan". Another person jumped on top of the luxurious rooftop "No, he disappeared again, jeez he always does this; such a whimsical master is very difficult. Where would go at an important time like this", Kuro said complainingly.

"Such a whimsical master is willing to make despised demons like us his familiars. Such a master saved us from our doomed future. He treats us like were truly important and he protects us, more than we protect him. So, everything about him I worship even he is difficult, I will devote my everything to him; so that he's happy".

Kuro went silent and looked downwards "I'm sorry, Kagura I didn't mean it. Even though I know how you feel about him, how we all treasure him. I was behaving selfishly, I forgot my place Mikage-sama spoils us too much. I forget his struggles for Yokai like us. I didn't actually mean what I said before".

"Don't speak about it anymore Kuro-Chan, I get it". Kagura took a long sigh, her feelings towards Mikage weren't to be spoken loudly. Everything she felt she kept within her, not daring to even profess aloud. Even if her heart felt like it was bleeding, she promised herself to not to say it. Because his status was too high for her to even dream off reaching.

"What should we do about Mikage-sama? Kagura", Kuro asked softly, ashamed, not daring to look at Kagura's face.

"Don't worry he'll definitely be back for his ceremony, so let's just be ready to prepare him when he comes". Kagura said cheerfully as if the pain was written on her face wasn't even there in the first place.

----

"You've come again" a mysterious voice rumbled throughout the large cave. "I've told you many times to not bother coming, the seal is too powerful for you alone to undo just give up".

Light footsteps echoed through the wet cave, "Such a dark place is not befitting for an absolute creature such as you to be in, as long as I'm living I won't give up, so shut up you ancient thing".

"Such a cheeky brat dares to be so presumptuous!" the voice roared.

The figure kept walking until he reached the large figure with the thundering voice. He stopped; in front of him was a gigantic dark scaly creature, his body parts were embedded in glowing purple crystal forbidding his movements.

"Come closer and I'll kill you right stand!" the creature roared, making the smaller figures clothes flutter beautifully. Even under the terrifying threat, the smaller figure continued to advance towards to large creature.

Without warning the creature swiftly moved its terrifying pitch-black head to directly face the figure, "Do you believe I can't slay you?". He released an immense amount of horrifying pressure, seemingly stopping the smaller figure in his tracks.

The figure raised his hand unaffected by the pressure "you won't" the smaller figure spoke softly.

"Do you not fear me? Do you think these restraints will stop me from killing you?" the creature's voice echoed.

The figure touched the frightening scaly face, making him involuntarily shiver from the chilling temperature. "Such a beautiful creature, how can I fear? My death will eventually come at some point, why dread it now?".

The dark creature was lost for words, such odd words coming from him, never had it been called beautiful. It was a strange description in his ears. "Such a bizarre God, get lost now! I've lost interest in killing you" the creature huffed, moving its face from the smaller figures hand.

'Such a pitiful creature, being irrationally sealed in such an unworthy place, because of the idiotic Gods fearing what they can't comprehend.' "hundreds of years you've been sealed in such a place, I will save you, even if it means going against the Gods" the smaller figure promised.

Such a foolish God, each time he comes he implements more than half his power; to break the seal, ultimately leaving himself in a vulnerable state. Not caring about the repercussions of his own actions.

The creature stayed put, watching the small figure. Like always the smaller person touched a part of the large purple crystal and poured in vast amounts of energy. The energy flow was so huge it became visible to the eyes and affected the surroundings; causing large tremors.

After some time the energy flow began to slow-down and the figure became wobbly. He was about to fall but creature used its head to catch him.

"You fool! Only a fool doesn't know when to stop, do you have a death-wish?" the creature's voice thundered. But its words were spoken in vain as the figure carelessly fell asleep there. The creature grumbled internally, he placed the figure before him and wrapped around him, using its long neck.

----

Mikage sluggishly opened his eyes, why did he recall such an old memory.

"You've finally woken, I've come to take you home," a familiar voice spoke from behind Mikage, holding him tightly in his embrace.