Chapter 37 - Sudden departure

It had been over a week and Mikage still hasn't properly aquatinted himself with the mansion, due to Ryuu keeping himself glued to Mikage at every opportunity.

Mikage would only see the regular faces within the mansion at gatherings or whenever Ryuu left on business. Whenever he went out Mikage would occupy himself with the plants, in order to get the full use of them. This needed meticulous work so Mikage practically shut himself in except for when he needed to eat or shower.

At first Ryuu was pleased Mikage liked the flowers, however now it bothered Ryuu that Mikage placed more attention to them more than himself. So, whenever the chance presented itself Ryuu would intentionally and forcefully separate Mikage from the plants like a big possessive child.

Then out of the blue got up Ryuu got up early, in turn accidentally waking up Mikage. He didn't bother opening his eyes, Mikage lazily rolled towards Ryuu's direction. "How long?"

Ryuu who was just about to exit stopped before he reached the door. "Probably a few days, how could you tell I'm leaving?"

"I just can, like how I can tell it is something important. I couldn't care any less about the reason. Just be careful and return quickly" Mikage said.

In actuality, Mikage for the past few days could tell there was an increase of people, especially today. Outside the room, there was at least ten people waiting for Ryuu; with plenty of weapons. The smell of gunpowder overwhelmed the scent of flowers, almost stinging Mikage's nose.

"So, you can show worry for me?" Ryuu was undoubtedly pleased ignoring Mikage's perceptive ability.

To Ryuu, Miyuki was like a high he couldn't get enough of, intentionally separating from him he'd realised was harder to him now than he realised. But he couldn't bear it Miyuki got hurt so he feels he has no other choice than to leave him where it was safe. And Miyuki showing worry for his sake was more than enough for Ryuu.

" Baakaa, I'm going to sleep. Don't disappear for too long or I'll get bored". Although Mikage himself didn't admit it he got slightly attached to this human and he would prefer to go with him. However, his common sense told him he would be a burden, therefore, he did not even think to ask; he could only wait.

Ryuu smiled and walked over to the bed he stroked Mikage's hair "Don't worry I will return safely". Ryuu fingers got entangled in Mikage's hair it was very soft and silky, 'but was it always this long?' he didn't dwell on it too long and kissed Mikage on his forehead before leaving. "I'll be going now" and with that Ryuu left.

****

Several hours later Mikage got up, showered himself and clothed himself like he normally did. He dressed in casual clothes; he had a large wardrobe of different clothes opposite Ryuu's own. Which Ryuu had personally prepared for him as a statement, to declare to Mikage his room is also Mikage's.

Mikage didn't mind his old clothes from his house, but Ryuu one-sidedly told him he got rid of them. He was strong-armed, so Mikage had no choice other to accept.

Mikage surveyed the room since Ryuu was gone he didn't know what to do next. The plants he was given he already cultivated the necessary ones and re-potted ones he didn't presently require.

So, his schedule was open but he was stuck on what to do. After sitting down in an open space contemplating he soon realised he slacked off on his training ever since he came to this place, and now was the perfect time to continue.

'....697..698..699..700' after completing 700 handstand push ups, Mikage effortlessly sprung onto his feet. Previously doing this workout he would at least work up a sweat however now he didn't even have a shortness of breath.

Mikage found this was strange he sat down and began to meditate in order to check his current progression.

Eventually, he found his balance, internal strength, external strength and stamina has all improved greatly since he's been here, however, he wouldn't know how much until he confirmed it appropriately.

He didn't have anything concrete to pin the sudden cause of his growth onto, but the only thing which actually came to mind is his Katana currently sitting beside him.

He picked the sheathed blade up and rubbed it scabbard "was this your doing, my friend?". No sort of reply came, instead of interrupting him was a call on the other side of the door.

"Miyuki-Aniki are you awake?" someone with a rough voice asked. Mikage presently wasn't expecting any guests, especially at this time in the morning.

"I am" Mikage wondered who was asking.

"Before you ask if me if you could enter, the answer is you may" Mikage continued.

The person entered under Mikage's cue, it was a burly looking man with a 'so-called' threatening looking face, he wore a typical black suit and his shirt was informally unbuttoned just enough so you could see his chest covered in tattoo's.

Surprisingly Mikage had seen this face before, it was one of the men who 'helpfully' commented on his shooting skills.

"My name is Nobu, boss entrusted me with the task of watching over you, I hope we get along!" he announced boisterously, Nobu stuck out his hand in a genuine greeting.      

Sorry, guys/ladies for the lateness... I was being lazy...unacceptable I know...

and sorry again as the Male lead is not there...butttt there are going to be upcoming action scenes, yay! (hopefully)....I'll continue with the strenuous fight between Human Vs Laziness. 

And Thank you as always for being the amazing readers you are....... See you hopefully very soon.