Chapter 76 - 'Parasite'

"Mii," he called out sorrowfully, pillowing the boy carefully in his embrace and swiftly moved him to a bed. He watched his partner anxiously, but his voice remained steady "You will be fine, my love." He softly rested his head on top Mikage's. "just focus on my voice. I'm with you, so don't be afraid".

For a while now Azuki dreaded for the other ball to drop. Mikage hadn't displayed the strongest pieces of himself and Azuki could see that he had been slowly declining. Despite Mikage's cunning attempts at hiding it.

It began very gradually. He would sleep for longer and somehow appear less rested. He was more affected emotionally. If not massive uncharacteristic spikes in temper, he would get hurt more easily. He had less strength every day. Though Azuki found Mikage's afflictions concerning, he'd accepted it as 'change'. Instead, each of those were symptoms of something very serious and he had a major oversight.

Mikage didn't have the ability to speak and he could barely see despite his eyes being open. The pain sizzled away at his synapses causing him to lose all sense of his surroundings. He could only cry at erratic intervals, due to the immense duress the pain placed on him.

His voice screeched in a frequency so deafening it bounced from the walls, the high pitch of his voice was almost unhuman.

Azuki was thrown into a state of panic with his inability to do anything, he could only watch as Mikage took a turn for the worst. His eyes flickered in and out of a glowing state.

Mikage's body thrashed about as if his body was fighting itself. Any more pressure on himself and something would snap, and it did. It startled Azuki, to find Mikage's arm so disjointed simply using his own body's force.

Mikage's chest alone once again jerked upward. Then when it relaxed Mikage began to scratch the middle of it roughly until he drew blood. "Az..." he managed to say. "Azu," he tried again.

Azuki had held his hand in order to stop him tearing at his own flesh. But upon hearing his name being called his mind shot into focus.

"What am I to do, Mikage?"

Azuki could clearly see the tremendous amount of pain Mikage was in. However, there was nothing visibly afflicting him. Other solutions like taking him to the hospital wasn't viable. He could at the very least sense it wasn't a mortal-issue but something that extended far beyond.

Again, Mikage tried to speak "s...some..thing aaugg" he heaved in pain.

He could feel Mikage's hand pulling him to his chest, "ughh...haa...my soul...somethings inside here" Mikage's body jerked again... "Please...Az help," he begged mournfully.

Fear spread throughout Azuki as he finally understood what Mikage was conveying. Something was tampering with Mikage's spirit.

Whatever that something was and whatever it did Azuki knew was detrimental to Mikage's entirety. And was the entire cause of Mikage's condition. Whether or not Mikage would completely recover was doubtful. But hesitation was not permitted any longer, it needed to be purged.

Before anything Azuki called a medic, he had on standby as staff. But didn't wait for him to appear when he began slicing. He proceeded very carefully to where Mikage was directing. It was extremely daunting, but he trusted himself and Mikage more.

Mikage didn't settle down, he screamed and thrashed about even more violently. He held Azuki with an ironlike grip. It didn't take long for Azuki to actually see something wrong standing out. And he didn't hesitate to remove it from Mikage. When he did Mikage completely fall limp.

He appeared more tranquil and his body lay still. He was still breathing and he wasn't losing too much blood. "Thank..you," he spoke in a whisper.

"Don't speak I know" he assured Mikage and kissed his damp cheek. Mikage let out a weak smile.

Azuki looked In his hand, it was a dark ball. Whatever it was he for some reason didn't want to let go of it. It closely resembled a marble but only slightly bigger. Azuki was interested in Mikage's wellbeing, but something about the ball drew him in.

The door clicked and an older gentleman entered with a large bag. He stood frozen and took a long look at Azuki hovering over Mikage.
With blood over himself and the bed. A kitchen knife on the floor and a terribly wounded Mikage. Azuki couldn't blame the medic for being so hesitant, an indifferent attitude would've been more worrying.

"Please fix him", he asked only just realising how tired he sounded.

The doctor nodded rushing to the boy, he hooked him up to various things and began to patch him up.

"His condition is pretty terrible but not from the knife wound......."
The medics words exited straight through Azuki's mind and his focus was caught in between his palms. The black ball not only began to get heavier, he felt it get hotter and grow larger. The thought of a parasite immediately entered his mind.

But before he even thought to destroy it, the black marble-like ball had grown large enough to fit in both palms. Traces of the ball was translucent he could just about peer inside and when Azuki did. It shattered him. His stomach sank, he wanted to fall to the floor in that same instant.

For a long moment, he forgot how to breathe and the world stopped. He looked at what he now knew was an egg in his hand. Inside was a foetus, like time sped-up he could see it continually forming and growing.

Thoughts didn't properly register in his mind; all he could do was look towards Mikage. And as if Mikage sensed his duress, "What is it?" he asked his voice cracked.

Judging by his voice it was clear Mikage didn't have the slightest clue of Azuki's inner-crisis. But also the concern that Mikage had for Azuki, he knew it outweighed anything else. Even at the detriment of Mikage's own well-being.

Azuki still struggled to find his breath let alone reply, if he did what could he say? Even the thought squeezed his chest? What he had dreamt would be the most wondrous occasion, instead felt like acid drowning his lungs. His longest wish was stolen by someone else, so suddenly.

Being furthest from ignorant Azuki found it quite easy to join the pieces together, the reason Mikage weakened.
Mikage was carrying a child, much before he properly reunited with him. He knew it was that detestable man's doing. His irresponsibleness could've cost Mikage his life. The nutrients a child born from a God was literal pieces of said Gods soul. The damage was done. Forget about healing, it wasn't possible for Mikage to be the same again.

His powerful partner from the past was mortal at most, vulnerable.

Azuki could feel burning from within, he stared darkly into the egg in grasp and tightened his grip. He turned his back on Mikage as he had made his decision.

** 

Well then...all I can say is...We maaadee iiiit Bi%£*es. Sorry got excited. We are finally here(>Ryuu ain't)<<joking #notjoking. 
But anyway I saw some pretty good guesses couldn't answer i didn't want to spoil but >3< we made it (Ryuu didn't).

Anywaay what will Azuki decide?? Bitter behaviour or rightfully placed bitterness??
Thanks for reading once again. LOVEEE YA
teehee 

I will hibernate now