Chapter 78 - The Boss' Disposition

One by one people were falling to the ground, not by any sort of convoluted phenomenon, but in fact, it was happening due to a single person. Hayato.

Perhaps it was the thirtieth now, yet it still wasn't enough, these yakuza were far weaker than him it was hardly a challenge. Even if they all each charged him at once which he has in fact tried, it'd be the same result.
Not long after they were all left groaning on the floor without any attempts in getting up.

"Please let that be the last Aniki, no more"

Yeah, he's right Aniki at this point we're no more than punching bags

Hayato crossed his arms nodding in contemplation

"You shitheads might have a point," he admitted. "Next time how about if you were to bring bats or..."

His other thought wasn't finished as they each in unison responded "No!". Even the ones playing dead couldn't help but break character and groan miserably.

Whether it was bats, swords, pipes, stick whatever. They were all useless, one way or another they were each going to end up with a bruise in some place or another.

Hayato rolled his eyes "you lazy shits, whatever" he parted from the dojo, leaving them with his middle finger and an evil smile as a gift.
But despite a bitter feeling, he knew they were right; they were nowhere near the level he strived for. in the face of real power, this was nothing. Stupid, selfish Mikage left teaching him fuck-all.

Now in the bathhouse, Hayato threw a bucket of steaming water over his shampoo lathered hair and sighed satisfied. Just as he kept his eyes still closed relaxed somebody plopped into a seat next to him. Hayato felt his muscles automatically grow tense, "what the fuck do you want?" he forced his voice to stay calm, but the heavy tone he couldn't hide.

The man next to him appeared startled as he dropped his tub, "I'm sorry Aniki" apologised the man.
"It wasn't my intention to bother you on purpose or anything"

Hayato steadied his breath's and relaxed his fists, "It's fine, what is it you wanted to ask?"

The man hesitated, "It's just that I noticed some of the guys are getting worried now" he paused and looked back and forth at Hayato unsure whether to continue.

"Well, if that's all then you can fuck off because that's not a question"

"No, it's just that...it just with Kenji gone and the fact the boss won't leave his room I wanted to know..."

"If you wanted to know how the boss is, he's fine", interrupted Hayato. He stood up, "our all-powerful Boss has caught a case of heart-break along with his very first cold. It's nothing" he pulled his mouth into a grin.

He then submerged himself into the steaming baths, "Hurry and join me or get lost Shintaro"

"Yes Aniki," the man stood a little too quickly and found himself nearly falling in the wet floor, much to his embarrassment. To even further his misery Hayato unrelentingly bellowed a heave of laughs, attracting more than one eye toward his embarrassment.

---

"Boss"

Hayato had called out in a half-whisper. No reply came beyond the door which is what Hayato both expected and dreaded. He cursed to himself after surveying the empty halls on each side.

Recently the Boss's residence was his least favourite place to visit, he ignored the twisting in his stomach and thrust the door open.

He steeped in the darkroom and could only rely on memory to find the light switch; the air was thick and chilly.
"Boss, how much longer are we..."