Chapter 44 - Assault (M)

WARNING!!!!! YOU are gonna get mad reading this. So faint-hearted people you were warned....

Mikage elaborated, "And the fact they chose Hayato rings too much to be a coincidence, which suggests a..."

Nobu had a sudden realisation his expression darkened, he snapped and banged the car door "It can't be no one would dare! Doing tha..."

"Don't be naïve this is something that happens all the time and if not then give me a good reason to why it can't be then" Mikage challenged.

Nobu thought about it "then why did they capture Hayato alive then? Why not end him like the others?"

"Think about it who is Hayato to your boss"

The answer was obvious "he is someone of importance" after all they did grow up together and you could say he is the bosses most loyal person. "That means they want something from the boss like leverage or something the boss doesn't value so much".

Mikage nodded his head.

"Do you have an idea?" To have such a foresight and figuring so many things out Nobu subconsciously began to rely on Mikage. He certainly was something else.

"Yes, I am coming".

"No, that is absolute, the place we are going is no playground it is a battle field" Nobu rejected.

"I don't recall that even being a question therefore your view is redundant."

Mikage changed his tone, "This group helped me when I needed it and your boss referred to me as 'his people'. As his person I won't let you guys get stepped all over"

'So far, he did nothing to pay Ryuu back and this was the perfect chance to do just that, and when he is finished with this he could just leave. And find his dad'.

"Then why did you let that drunk idiot insult you, if you're our people him insulting you is him insulting us"

"Don't be silly, from an idiot's mouth you are bound to hear idiotic things, you don't expect anything else. Killing an idiot for being one, isn't it like killing a chicken for being a bird. It's senseless and it will make you look like the violent prideful idiot. Furthermore, I was testing your limits and you failed as the prideful idiot. Don't think I don't know you placed him somewhere behind my back, I will be disappointed if he's harmed though."

Nobu gulped, when the young man is like this he seems like an old geezer with high intuition, even Nobu couldn't argue against.

"But this case is different this group of idiots picked a war with us and even killed one our own, it seems like they are begging for their own demise." Suddenly Mikage's tone dropped and so did the atmosphere, this was the all too familiar bloodlust.

Nobu felt it, it was scary it was much rawer than before.

"Beeep" Nobu checked his phone "the logistics team found his whereabouts, fucking amateurs"

"We are going to get Hayato now, the sooner we lead an assault the better as they won't be expecting anything. That's is our advantage, only ten men are necessary for a frontal assault, call more members right now to make their way to the enemy's headquarters. And I know you have weapons stashed in the cars so don't ask anything futile and update the rest and let's leave immediately."

-----

They arrived.

The moon shone brightly in the night a contrast to the ominous disposition which was being omitted.