Chapter 77 - His Child

Guy's a warning is in order (the editing is still in session so overlook any mistakes>>)

Azuki eyed the egg warily.

The egg became aligned with cracks. There was now nothing Azuki could do. Holding it together was his last resort but it began to crumble in his grasp. He laid it carefully onto a blanket.

For the short time the egg had been outside of Mikage, Azuki sensed it was massively detrimental to the being. It was slowly dying, he'd realised.

He took a long look at Mikage, it was only the two of them present. Mikage, however, was taken in a trance-like sleep, nothing he'd tried could wake him up.

He watched as the being formed into something that resembled a new-born child. The egg finally fell apart but that's when he saw something else that stunned him.

It was another child he noticed, it appeared to be in the form of a foetus.

It was so much weaker and insignificant he barely noticed its presence beside the other.

Not only was it not a single child. But a pair, each struggling for life. It was apparent to Azuki they each heavily relied on Mikage's soul. And without he guessed they'd probably last a few hours at most.

As Azuki watched the pair he swallowed uncomfortably, he shifted then bit his lip, "Shit" he swore.

It wasn't his responsibility to interfere, he decided he wasn't going to do anything even if that meant watching them die.

But that meant betraying his partner.

After sighing a few and rubbing his temples Azuki stepped forward. He held the foetus and touched the larger child carefully.

There was something he could attempt. Many things he's able to achieve that not even Gods could comprehend.

He closed his eyes for a second, when he opened it a blood-red fire blazed from his eyes.

It came to his surprise to discover that pairs souls were compatible with him.

It confirmed his suspicions, it meant that detestable dragon was something similar to himself.

Very rare is it for one Gods soul to be of a compatible nature, especially as Mikage himself is the one who possessed such a unique soul.

The only thing Azuki knew that matched Mikage was literally the very essence of the heavens.

Only gradual and slowly, did Azuki distribute droplets of his energy supply.
Too much and their organs could burst, so he treaded very carefully. An hour or two he saw the larger child responded well, he was fully formed and only appeared slightly smaller than regular human new-born.

He fussed about but didn't cry, when that child no longer needed him. He had placed the child at Mikage's side.

The other however was the opposite, nothing he'd done had helped his form, he remained as a foetus.

Azuki attempted something different, he readjusted himself before wrapping it inside a ball of energy resembling an egg.

But still it didn't work, nothing Azuki did was helping. "Shit," Azuki cursed feeling a heaviness overcome him.

"Why aren't you fighting", the miniature foetus floated between his palms.

A sudden headache threatened to split his head, it lasted a few seconds.
He then felt his energy come to a halt. As if there was a blockade, he couldn't distribute anything anymore.