Chapter 56 - Reveal

Is this a  new chapter?? Yesss guy's it is thank you for your consistent and continuous support. I truly love you guy's for it. Sorry for the troll yesterday that chapter kept erroring so I had to re-edit it. Anywho enjoy!!

Takehiro appeared to recognise the doubt portrayed by the boy and realised that what he said wasn't adequate.

He took a peek at the wine glass, then poured the remaining red liquid down his throat "My wife's passing, are you curious to how it occurred?" he asked.

Despite not understanding at all where Takehiro was leading to with his strange question, Mikage remained unfazed and composed. He decided to indulge him, he did not speak but just silently sat and stared.

Knowing his silence was a queue to continue Takehiro did so, "It seems Ayako didn't share it with you", he continued not leading the boy on.

"she passed in a car accident. My late wife died in the very same manner as your mother, I don't believe it to be a coincidence"

Mikage stood up abruptly knocking his chair sound on the floor, gripping his Katana extremely tightly, his voice grave. " What exactly do you mean Hanazawa?". Not once had he'd heard of this incident, but he saw that Takehiro Hanazawa was telling him the truth.

Predicting the younger man would take it the wrong way Takehiro still remained indifferent and calm, he refilled his glass and took a large sip.

"My daughter Ayako was also with my late wife that time she passed, and my late wife died trying her best to protect my daughter, just as I hear your mother also did. However, unlike you, my Ayako wasn't okay..."

As calm as Takehiro seemed he couldn't hide his emotion from Mikage his voice had a very subtle tremble as he spoke, at this point Mikage had no choice but to believe him.

"...not even a moment after I arrived at her side I was told she was brain-dead. My only daughter was no longer"

Mikage could only widen his eye's in disbelief and doubt as the story didn't quite add up, but through the raw emotion just from Takehiro voice, he didn't know what to think.

Takehiro continued "Perhaps you could imagine the pain I felt, at that point nothing made sense, and everything was a blur, I wanted to end everything. I remember walking without thinking, just walking.

I think I was like that for a few weeks, then I saw you for the first time at the hospital. You had this expression on your face; which for a while puzzled me. But somehow it re-lit the fire in my soul and woke me up from my sleepwalking. At that time, I didn't understand what it was that drew my attention and hooked me, but I soon found out. Just seeing your face gave me this strength I never knew I had. And the daughter I almost left all alone, woke up, because more than anything in the world I prayed she'd come back to me...and she did, she woke up"

"How? That shouldn't even be possible" Mikage interrupted. "Miracles don't occur just because you prayed for them, you of all people should be aware of this, so, what is your purpose in even sharing this with me Hanazawa?" still at this point Mikage didn't understand where his direction was but Takehiro's current words worried him.

"You're right, Mikage-Sama miracles don't occur with a simple prayer, not even God's will answer them"

Takehiro looked directly into his eyes, causing Mikage heart to thunder.

Before allowing Mikage having any space to react Takehiro nonchalantly continued, staring at his wine he swirled meticulously with his left hand.

"To allow her to survive, I shared my soul with her. Therefore, she is a part of me yet not me at the same time. Also, you already know what happens when someone like us gives away their essence, although in my case there is a slight difference. I apologise for my behaviour Mikage-sama I wasn't in full control of myself until recently."