Chapter 53 - Nobu's fate

"That is simply impossible"

"a mere Katana against armed men? ridiculous"

"Obviously there was something more to the story"

"As unbelievable as it sounds it's the truth even we couldn't believe our own eyes, but those unrecognisable corpses and bloodiness was all to real we all witnessed it" Nobu said recalling his excitement mixed with terror.

"how extraordinary, this person can be very advantageous for us" a female member spoke out.

Caught up with themselves no one noticed the boss's growing anger his eyes almost looked red with fury.

"Just a Katana? nowadays it's all about guns I like that there is someone using a katana how interesting. Now I want to meet this person"

"Is he speaking the truth Keiji", In fact, Ryuu already knew it was the truth but he still wanted to confirm it. "Yes, Boss" Keiji replied unaffected by the pressure.

"why did you let him" his dark and throaty tone shut everyone up. He was extremely pissed off.

Nobu felt the animosity completely consume him 'this was fuckin terrifying' especially as the subject to all of it.

Ryuu calmed himself down knowing that he couldn't get anything out of Nobu if he overwhelmed him too much, "Did he get hurt?" he asked in a slightly lighter tone.

'shit... Nobu was figuratively shitting himself there was no way to answer this unscathed as he couldn't lie. "Yes, he was shot protecting one of us from a sniper Boss, but he didn't seem affected as he immediately got up"

Each and every tale coming out of Nobu's mouth sounded wildly exaggerated and faulty. But in truth Nobu too wasn't sure how to explain it himself, it was strange for him too.

Ryuu squeezed the chair until it begun to collapse under his grip. How is it he wasn't told about any of this.

"Where is he?" he asked feeling a bad premonition.

"he told us he's paid his debt"

"Where is he!" he repeated in a more venomous tone he immediately lunged forward and picked up the man the same size as him effortlessly by the shirt.

Nobu could only be helplessly picked up but was too intimidated to look into his eyes "I don't know Boss, but I will take responsibility and face any consequence." He said with determination.

Yasu, Keiji and the rest could only continue kneeling endure the Boss's wrath being released onto Nobu. They knew he was bearing their responsibility as much as his own; he was defending them and Miyuki-Aniki.

"Not only did you fail as a bodyguard, you failed to protect him from harm and you also failed to protect him from himself. If you are such a failure then what's the use in you?" Ryuu asked looking at his subordinate with a cold distance.

"I'm sorry Boss I have failed not only you but Miyuki-Aniki, I can't blame you for wanting to kill me" Nobu surrendered.

"Kill you I will do no such thing. But are you aware of your punishment?" killing your own people was a tasteless act and Ryuu will have no part in it however...punishment was a different matter.

"Yes" he answered with resolve, Ryuu let him fall to the floor like disregarded trash.

Ryuu threw him a knife that by inches missed Nobu's finger, "that's three sins committed by you".

Nobu took the knife gripped it and closed his eyes tightly this was going to hurt like a bitch, 'shit it's because the young one was too reckless that's why he was in this position.' But strangely he didn't resent him for it his and fingers were his greatest weapon he was gonna miss them dearly.

"wait" another boss stood up interrupting the built up, it was the man from the gambling table "Nobu can't lose his fingers he needs them otherwise he will be useless"

"Teraka are you sure you want to intervene," Ryuu asked his tone eerily calm.

Nobu turned his sight to Teraka he was seated on one of the seats closest to the Bosses 'what was this geezer going to say?'

"Although he failed his mission Nobu from what I have seen, done his job to the best of his ability"

"So..."

Well, he is a difficult one Teraka noted, "I suggest rather than taking three of his fingers, I think three toes will suffice that way he can continue being useful to you Boss" he suggested respectively.

Ryuu thought It wasn't that bad a suggestion but "Why should I be so merciful and break the rules for him?"

The main reason Teraka observed Nobu was being punished was due to that young one from before. He knew that the others believed it was because he was an extremely valuable person it was true, but not in the way they think.

He could see there was something more going on judging by the Boss's actions and mood. Furthermore, he had met the young lad and to say he was uniquely charming wasn't a stretch or lie. So, in that turn, he didn't doubt the Boss had special feelings. He knew just what to say.

"Nobu and that lad seemed to have genuinely got along with each other, I wonder how he would react to Nobu three missing fingers"

"Did this Teraka actually have a death wish what was he thinking by threatening the Boss?" another Boss muttered underneath their breath.

Ryuu didn't give an immediate reply but he slowly thought about it. "Fine three toes it is. Go away and do it somewhere else" he agreed.

And thus Nobu's fingers were spared.

"What just happened"

"Did their boss actually change his mind?"

"Why?"

--- The entire room was dismissed

Only when they left did Ryuu begin to wreak havoc like a child having a tantrum, he left the room in complete devastation. The aftermath of the rooms fate was extremely hard to recognise, with its current semblance it was hard to believe it was the exact same room. It was just as comparable as a construction site. None of that previous serene and upright dignity was there anymore. Just a torn down shadow of itself.

He laid down on the floor and laughed in a strange calm manner. You've paid your debt? What a funny joke. Does he actually think he can really run off somewhere after making him so irrational? An absolute joke. He belongs to him only and leaving without his permission earnt a punishment he was going to take him back fuck him until he screamed his name in pleasure. He was his only, he wasn't allowed to be anywhere apart from him. when he gets him Ryuu was never going to leave his side again, he wasn't allowed to leave not without his permission not ever again.

wow, double release!!

truthfully I have more on its way but I'm not sure if I wanna release them... Should I?? I will take a vote if you want them just ask...

Warning!!! the cliffhangers are ruthless (because the plot thickens )and I'm sorry for the future chapter. --- you'll know when it happens (just don't be too mad when it does. Ok...seriously I'm scared of the backlash)

Anyway, I'm out. Thank you, guy's so much. Love you lot'ssss.