Chapter 38 - Nobu

'"Ahh, I see nice to meet you" Mikage took a hold of the outreached hand, and used his hand to steady himself onto his feet. "So, what exactly brings you here right now?" he asked. It wasn't as if he currently needed a bodyguard.

"I'm yer guide as well as yer bodyguard, whilst Boss isn't present". One of his tasks included making sure he ate all of his meals and the boss specifically told him to make sure Miyuki-Aniki didn't shut himself in the room.

Previously Nobu has never been given such an undeserved duty. Such a low; it was as if he is being  punished. He was justifiably dissatisfied.

Nobu's regular tasks consist of carrying out expeditions to getting rid of threats for the boss; a well-recognised and trusted member for mostly for his strength and abilities.

His achievements are nothing to laugh at, his technique with guns is the best in the Seiryuu-kai and his ability to carry out tasks to eliminate are always perfect. Not once has he failed his mission.

Nobu didn't see the value in the pretty boy other than his looks, but if his boss gave him a task he would carry it out to the best of his ability; no questions asked. As his boss trusted him enough to request it himself, Nobu was motivated to do it; in of spite how disappointed he felt.

For the boss's sake, he decided to carefully monitor this person's movements, for the slightest amount of suspicion.

Mikage observed all of the smallest details on the expressions Nobu made, and not surprisingly enough Nobu had doubts about him, however, that currently wasn't the most important issue to him.

Mikage approached the larger bodyguard and faced him with soul chillingly intimidating eyes; enough to make even his heart stop momentarily.

"Nobu is it? Seeing as you're not properly aquatinted with me and the fact you're going to be my around me briefly. I'll warn you about something" he spoke very calmly, with unwavering pressure.

"Don't ever lie to me again because I can tell. Understood." Mikage warned severely his tone matching his expression; with incredible power and pressure. Enough to instil fear into those merely by gazing into those boundless eyes.

"Y..yes" Nobu spoke subconsciously unable to remove his sight from Mikage's chilling eyes. He couldn't conjure up a proper response, as the person half his height induced unfading foreboding pressure making him stutter.

His instincts told him that it would be a huge mistake to continue to look down on him; a person other than boss who made him feel such fear.

Mikage knows Nobu intentions and suspicions he could see it clearly, futilely attempting to be hidden. He had an ulterior motive.

Lying about your intentions and hiding your true face was something Mikage felt was particularly inexcusable; attributed to his past.

The fact this man, Nobu looked down on him didn't bother him much, however, if Nobu was someone by his side, 'trust is absolute.'

"Anyway, I'm hungry I'm going to eat" Mikage withdrew his pressure and began to walk past Nobu who was frozen in place.

He tapped his shoulder bringing Nobu out of his state. "Let's go," he said already walking off; as if nothing occurred he completely transitioned from fearsome to harmless; so quickly it seemed almost even more frightening.

Only after he left the room could Nobu properly let out a breath, he regained his previous composure 'this Bishounen definitely wasn't normal being able to see through him so easily'.

Although he was initially disappointed there's no way he can continue feeling that way; this was unexpected turnout. He wasn't as useless as he appears.

He was interested in what such a person will offer; obviously, he wasn't anything trifle that sort of pressure to make a man who had killed many times; tremble. But the question is, does he even have anything to show for it? And can he support himself inducing fear alone? Nobu wanted to see.

Although he has the best backing there is; the boss'. The fact is he didn't truly have the majority of the member's respect. As they were deeply loyal, most of the member trusted the boss decisions and would follow through no matter what.

However, at the same time, there was doubt.

Some members have the same issue as Hayato and wish to act in the boss' best interest and don't welcome 'outsiders'.

Nobu didn't doubt some of the members would cause him hardship and part of Nobu's task was to prevent any oncoming dangers and this just now triggered some slight respect.

Wow, Guy's/Ladies this took ages, your author is sorry. I just can't fail math a third time.

Thanks for the loving support as always 

-Your author loves you guys too!! and I got another chap lined up. Might take a while cuz I'm paranoid about mistakes.   

And what do you lovely readers think about another BL story(unrelated to this one)but equally as juicy. I've got ideas. I haven't started writing, but if you want I can do a sample chapter.