(N) Marco Verratti

fault
/fɔːlt,fɒlt/
noun
an unattractive or unsatisfactory feature, especially in a piece of work or in a person's character.

I look at the broken window to my bosses office with a straight line of a lip and the giggle of my boyfriend, Marco, behind me. "You did that." I say as I point a finger at him. "Hun, I actually play football. You're just the team medic." He says, causing me to roll my eyes. "You kicked the ball at me, moron." I protest as he chuckles. "And you were meant to control it." He says.

I hear someone clear their throats behind me as I mentally kill myself. I turn around to see our new boss, Mauricio, standing with his arms crossed, tapping his foot, and his right eyebrow raised. "Want to explain why a football came crashing through my window, Y/N and Marco?" He questions as Marco scoffs, "It was her fault." He says making me scoff, "Excuse me? It was his." I say as I point to Marco.

We both start arguing, attempting to prove to Mauricio who was at fault, despite it being both of our faults in the end. As I'm about to state another point, Mauricio cuts both of us off. "Listen guys, I don't really care. But you both got to pay for it somehow. Whether it's cleaning it up or fully paying for it, you two have to fix it." He says making Marco shakes his head, "But why must I pay for it if it wasn't my fault?" He protests earning a sigh from both me and Mauricio. "Stop acting 5 years old. Just split it with me" I say before turning to Mauricio.

"I am really sorry." I say as he shakes his head as a smile appears on his chubby face, "Don't stress yourself, Y/N. I know you've had a busy week and wanted to chill when you actually had some free time. Just next time, don't play with your boyfriend. He's obviously not good at football." He says as he sends me a wink. "Hey! You know I'm amazing." Marco says as Mauricio walks away, "Yeah, yeah. Head home you two, tomorrows a big day." Mauricio says, referring to the champions league game against Barcelona. 

As Mauricio walks back inside the building, I turn toward Marco, "You're such a child." I say as he bursts out laughing. "To be fair, I'm not at fault." He protests as I roll my eyes at him. "Careful huh, your eyes nights get stuck at the back of your head." He says, earning him a hard smack from me. "How are you not at fault?" I question him, crossing my arms and tapping my right foot, making my whole body shake.

"You the one who couldn't control it." He says as he edges closer to me. "And who kicked it to me?" I question as he rolls his eyes, "Again hun, you should've controlled it." He says as he pulls me by my waist, resting his forehead against mine. "But you still kicked the ball at me." I protest once again but he just puts his finger on my lips, "Stop arguing with e princess." He says before pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Eww! You two, go home already before I fire both of you." Mauricio says as we jump apart. We look at his broken window, to see him sticking his head through the open space. "Sorry." Myself and Marco mumble as we avoid all contact with our new boss. "I'm just kidding you two. Have a good afternoon and stop being so scared of me. Look at me! I'm a big chubby bear." He says as we both laugh at him. "Thanks coach. See you tomorrow." Marco says as we wave Mauricio goodbye.

"So, how are we gonna fix that window?" Marco questions as we sit in the car. I look over at him and shrug my shoulders, "I have no clue. Maybe we just pay for the damages." I say as he starts the car. "You know I'm gonna pay for it. I would never make you pay for something." He says as he drives out of the training facility. "You don't have too do that, babe." I say as I rest my hand on his, "I know I don't have too, but I really want too." He says causing me to slime from ear to ear.

"You're such a cutie." I say making him laugh, "Hun, tell me something I don't know." He says causing me to gasp, "You're such a cheeky shit!" I exclaim as he lets out a loud laugh, "But you love this cheeky shit." He says as he sends me a quick wink. "Oh, how could I not?" I question as I smile widely at him, happy I ended up with him, even if he does try to blame me in front of our boss.

*****

This was so shit. I'm sorry. Lots of love xx