Rhys Williams

thunderstorm
/ˈθʌndəstɔːm/
noun
a storm with thunder and lightning and typically also heavy rain or hail.

Y/N - your name

Another request! Everyone's request is so cute omg xx

I drive home in the light rain that often falls in Liverpool. I sigh as I get closer to mine and Rhys's home in the farming areas and see the bright flashes of the lightning in the distance and then a low grumble of thunder a few seconds afterwards. It was still soft, mainly cause I was far away from it as well as I had the radio blaring in an attempt to muffle the rumble.

When I get home, my hands automatically reach for my ears and cup them in an attempt to block the loud thunder but to no success. I start to tremble, hating how loud thunder was. I sigh and quickly get out of my car and rush inside. I close the door really loudly, catching the attention of Rhys who was seated in the living room. "Hey babe. How was classes today?" He asks with a kind smile as he stands up.

Before I can answer, another strike of lightning and thunder echoes through the fields. I whimper at the sound and close my eyes shut. "Oh love." He says as I feel his large arms wrap around me and hold me tight against his body. His towering figure becoming a shield to the noice. "I fucking hate thunder." I say as I flinch once more at another strike of lightning.

"It's okay. It wont bother us." He says as his fingers comb through my hair. A few seconds after he says that, a loud bang can be heard and we were submerged in darkness. "Umm..." he trails off. I look up at him, not being able to see him except a silhouette, "You were saying, babe?" I question him with a smirk on my lips. "I meant it in a way that it won't hurt you okay." He says with a light chuckle.

"Can we please just cuddle? I really don't wanna be stuck in darkness and in a thunderstorm all by myself." I say. He pulls away from me and grabs my hand, "Let's go then shall we." He says as he take out his phone and switches on the flash. We walk upstairs with me stopping once in a blue moon when there was a random bolt of lightning. When we eventually reach our shared room, Rhys walks straight to his side of the closet and grabs his favorite yellow hoodie.

He walks back to me and hands me his hoodie, "Thank you babe." I say as I step out of my jeans and thick black jacket and slip his hoodie over my cold and slightly damp body. "Want me to make us something to drink quickly?" He asks to which I shake my head too, "Please don't leave me. I'm sorry, if you need something to drink, you can go but I don't wanna be alone." My voice goes high pitched near the end as another loud roar rattles the whole house.

He chuckle softly, "Not a problem. I was mainly asking for you anyway." He says as he wraps his arms around me and picks me up, carrying me to our plush white bed. He jumps into the bed and wraps the covers around us. I snuggle closer into his chest, enjoying the warmth coming from his body. "So how was classes?" He asks, trying to distract me from the thunder.

"Like normal. Pretty shit." I say with a slight giggle. "That's what happens when you major in English, love." He says in an obvious tone. "Hey! It's a lot of fun just... challenging." I say. "So when you're done studying, are you gonna go and become a teacher like you wanted too last year or are you gonna go study journalism or go overseas?" He asks.

"That's a good question. I think I'm gonna go into journalism. Becoming a teacher just seems stressful right now. And I don't like kids so." I say causing him to laugh, "So you don't want kids?" He asks with a hint of sadness in his voice. "Now I didn't say that. I wouldn't mind maybe one but two is kinda pushing it." I say to which he nods, "Fair. Do you want a boy or girl?"

"Maybe a boy. I don't feel like dealing with a girl after what my parents went through taking care of me." I say with a smile. "Were you that challenged of a child?" He questions as I feel his fingertips draw shapes on my exposed legs. "Well, yes. I was a rebel will all the sneaking out I did to visit my lovely boyfriend." I say with lifted eyebrows. "Okay, okay. I get you. I want a girl though. I want to have that relationship, that daddy's little girl relationship." He says with a small smile.

"Oh well, I guess we just have to wait and see." I say with a small wink. I lay my head on his chest and hear that the storm has passed. "Hey, the storm is gone." I say with a smile. "Am I that distracting?" He questions earning a soft smack from me. "Wait, when did it end?" I question as I look up at him. "Before we started talking about kids." He says with a chuckle. "Oh, oops." I chuckle as he shakes his head.

"Well, I guess you really are that distracting." I say as I caress his cheek. He leans in and places his soft lips on mine. I sigh in contempt. As I pull away, the lights turn back on. "Great. Now I can cook." I say as I go to stand up but I'm pulled back down and back into Rhys's embrace. "Imma order. I'm enjoying this cuddling too much." He says in my ear earning him a giggle from me.

*****

Short but sweet. I hope y'all enjoyed! Be wise and sanitize xx