David Brooks pt 2

better
/ˈbɛtə/
adjective
more desirable, satisfactory, or effective.

Y/N - your name

"So, tell me about yourself beautiful." He says as he takes a bite of his chicken nuggets.

"Well, what do you want to know, David?" I question the young man as he smiles up at me with a mouth full of chicken nuggets. "Well first off, what do you do for a living?" He asks as he sits back in his chair. "Well, I'm currently studying architecture as I want to go into the field one day." I say as he nods and leans froward, interested in what I'm saying. "And you're a footballer right?" I ask as he nods with a smile.

"Do you like football?" He asks as I shake my head no. "I prefer basketball." I say as he chuckles. "Have you ever been to a football game before?" He asks as I once again shake my head no. "My dad goes with my little brother to the Bournemouth games once in a blue moon but I've never joined him." I say as I see a cheeky grin appear on his face. "You should come to the Bournemouth vs Watford game this weekend." He says as I chuckle.

"And why is that?" I tease him. "Wait, don't you know I play for Bournemouth?" He questions as I chuckle. "Obviously I know. Hanna gave me a whole lesson about you." I say as he laughs and shakes his head. "She really wants us to work out doesn't she?" He asks as I nod and laugh with him. "So, will you come this weekend?" He asks as I look into his brown eyes. I smile, "I'd love too."

-

I walk with my dad and little brother into the Cherries stadium, the Vitality Stadium. The crowd are singing many songs and waving their scarfs and many different things as we sit down in our seats near the field. "So who is your boyfriend?" My little brother, Jason, questions as I roll my eyes. I hear my dad lightly chuckle and ruffles Jason's hair. "She doesn't have a boyfriend buddy."

"Then why is she here?" He asks as I scoff, "I'm just supporting someone." I say but I hear his cheeky little giggle, "Yeah, supporting your lover." He screams as people look at us. "Do you wanna be the soccer ball for the game?" I question as I glare at him. "Enough you two. Gosh, this is why I only take one of you to the game." He mumble the last sentence. I chuckle at my dad as he gives me a small smile.

"So who is it?" Jason questions as I take a sip of my water. "David Brooks." I say which makes Jason's eyes bulge out of his head. "What? You know David Brooks?" He question as I nod. "Please can I meet him?" He asks as I chuckle. "So now you're my best friend?" I tease him as I hear my dad chuckle. Jason frowns as I smile, "Of course you can meet him. I'm sure he'd love to meet you." I say as Jason's eyes light up.

"Thank you! I love you sis." He says as he stands up from his seat and attacks me with a bone crushing hug. "Okay! You're crushing me." I say with a chuckle. He pulls away and smiles at me, showing his toothless smile. "So when is the game gonna start?" I ask my dad as he checks his watch. "In the next 5 or so minutes." He says as I nod and look at the pitch.

Soon enough, the players are walking onto the pitch. I smile as I see David walk right at the back of the line. His hair was gelled back and a nervous smile replaced his normal cheery one. Since that date, we did go out once or twice more but just out to the park or something small. We haven't kissed but I couldn't help wish that we could. My thoughts are cut off by a loud and sharp whistle.

-

The game ends with a 2-2 draw, which wasn't bad as Bournemouth weren't doing their best at the moment as I've heard from how much my brother was complaining. "I'm telling you, we gonna end up in the Championship." He moans as I chuckle. "It's okay buddy. Sometimes you have to fall to succeed." I say as he frowns his blonde eyebrows at me. "What?" He asks as we stand up as the stadium has emptied.

"When you fall, you need to get back up. It's that journey of getting back up that makes you stronger." I say as he sighs. "If you say so. I don't really get what you're saying but whatever." He says which earns a throaty chuckle from my dad. "Can we still meet David?" Jason asks as I shrug. "I'll message him but I don't think he'll answer. I'm sure he's getting a lecture from his manager." I say as he nods.

Just as we were about to walk up the stairs, my brother gasps. "David Brooks!" He shouts from excitement as he runs to the sweaty man. "Hey buddy. How are you?" David asks my brother and hugs Jason as I face him. I smile at the sight as they have their own little conversation. People stare and start walking towards us so they can say hello to David as well. "Here, have my shirt." David says as he takes off his shirt and gives it to my brother.

My brothers smile stretches from ear to ear as I see my dad smiling in the corner of my eye. "Thank you!" My brother shouts as he hugs David once more. "May I steal your sister?" David asks as Jason nods his head vigorously. "I'll see you back at home, Y/N." my dad says as I nod and smile at him. David extends his hand for me to grab. I take his hand as he pulls me over the barrier. "McDonalds?" He questions as I smile. "Let's go." I say as we walk hand in hand to the changing rooms.

"I'll be a few minutes. Here is my keys, it's the Red Audi." He says as I smile and nod. I make my way to the car park and sit in his car. After a few minutes, I see him running to the car. I smile as he throws his bag into the back seat and sits next to me in the passenger side. "Good game. I'm glad you got an assist." I say as he faces me and smiles. Before I could say anything else, his lips are placed on mine.

I kiss back instantaneously as his hand caresses my cheek softly. I pull away breathless as I stare into his eyes. Even though it's dark, I can still see the cheeky grin plastered on his face. "I'm sorry but I've been wanting to do that for the past week." He says as I giggle softly. "I've been waiting for that kiss the whole week." I say as he shakes his head with a massive smile on his face. "Can I kiss you again?' He asks as I bite my lip. "You don't even need to ask." I say as I lean forward and kiss his soft lips once more.

*****

Hey guys! I was asked for a part 2 so here we go. I hope you enjoyed. Remember to vote if you enjoyed the chapter. Stay safe lovies! xx