Curtis Jones

goal
/ɡəʊl/
noun
(in soccer, rugby, hockey, and some other games) a pair of posts linked by a crossbar and typically with a net between, forming a space into or over which the ball has to be sent in order to score.

Y/N - your name

Requested by @natashamustang145 Thank you for the request❤️

"Oh my god!" I exclaim whilst throwing my hands up in the air. "That's so fucking unlucky." I say as I watch my boyfriend, Curtis, hit the bar and ultimately not scoring a goal. I sigh and sit back, "Don't you worry. It's coming." I murmur to myself as I continue to watch the game.

Out of all the young players, all teams combined in the Premier League, Curtis has deserved a goal the most. Curtis has the talent, skills and patients to score goals but he is just never in the right space and time. Ever since his first Premier League goal, he's been a bit quiet. Yeah sure, a goal here and there for the international team and for the U21 but not where he most needed a goal.

I bite my nails as I watch the game, placing my hand over my heart every time Ajax came close to scoring. Liverpool haven't just been struggling with injuries, they've been cursed with them. The only nice thing about these injuries was the fact that Curtis got more game time and was able to show his potential and skills but it still wasn't turning into a goal for him.

"Shit." I say to myself as the half time whistle is blown. I watch Curtis walk off, disappointment written all over his face and body language with slumped shoulders. I know he gonna get a few words of encouragement from the boss, Klopp, but missing that chance will impact him whether I like it or not.

I stand up off of the couch and head to the kitchen, making my half time tea that I always make. Being as superstitious as I am, I always make a cup of tea during the second half. If I don't, we lose and that's exactly what happened with the Aston Villa game. I was studying and forgot to make my tea and boom, we lose 7-2. (A/N - Fun fact: I'm superstitious. I always sit in the same spot, with the same shorts, the same blanket with my hair done in a certain way and I always post the team on my Instagram story. Yes, I have a problem)

As I finish making my tea, I hear the whistle, indicating the second half was starting. To say it was a frustrating half isn't the right words. We have so many chances but we are unable to execute them. I sigh, "At least it's a draw and not a loss." I say to myself.

As I say that, the ball lands into Neco Williams feet and he crosses it towards Curtis. The goal keeper leaves it and Curtis finishes the goal beautifully. "Oh yes!" I exclaim jumping off of my couch, celebrating my boyfriends first goal for the Champions league competition. "Oh my, Im so proud!" I exclaim as I smile at my boyfriend who is jumping around and hugging all of his team mates.

I sit back down, more calm now that we are 1 - 0 up. The game is more interesting with Liverpool getting quite a few chances but yet again, unable to finish them off. Ajax have one more chance to equal the goal but with Kells great save, Liverpool win 1-0. "Yes! Round of 16 here we come!" I exclaim as the camera pans over to Curtis hugging Klopp.

Curtis faces the camera and blows a kiss into it and then lifts up his hand into a peace sign. I chuckle, knowing he did that for me as we always doing peace signs in our pictures so it just because our thing. He walks off into the tunnel and I smile, grabbing my phone off the counter and sending him a message congratulating him.

I wait roughly 2 hours until I hear the front door opening. "Baby, I'm home!" I hear Curtis shout from the front door. "In the bathroom." I say just as I finish spitting out my toothpaste. I wipe my mouth and see Curtis from the mirror walk into the bathroom. "Oh my god, I'm so proud of you!" I exclaim, engulfing him in a tight hug. "God Y/N, you're gonna squash me." He says making me scoff and pull away.

I stare into his dark eyes and smile wide at him, "Great goal by the way. Completely caught the goal keeper off guard." I say making him chuckle. "I said don't stay up this late to watch the game. You have online classes tomorrow." He complains as he pulls me close and plays with my lose hair. "Ugh, I'll probably log in and then sleep anyway." I say making him chuckle. "In the future, I don't want you as my doctor." He says making me scoff. "First year medical school ain't that important and plus, I already passed and now we just doing boring work." I say making him laugh.

"Thank you for staying up. I love dating my number one fan." He says causing me to laugh, "Aren't you lucky." I say as he smiles down at me. He leans in and presses his lips to mine for a sweet kiss. "I missed you tho." I say making him scoff, "I was gone for a few hours." "I know but I just missed you today." I say as I study his features and his cute beard. "I missed you too. I won't even deny it." He says making me laugh.

"Cuddle?" I question as I give him my best puppy dog eyes. "Cuddle." He says making me smile wildly. "Great! Come, I'm tired." I say pulling him towards the bed. "Me too to be fair." He says as he throws himself on the bed, bringing me with him. He switches on the tv and then switches off the bed side lamp. "Goodnight princess." He says as I feel him press a kiss to my forehead. "Goodnight goal scorer." I say making him chuckle.

I cuddle further into his chest and eventually drift off into a deep sleep, ultimately missing my first online class the next day.

*****

I hope y'all enjoyed! Also, why is this imagine me? Superstitions, being Curtis' number one fan, missing online class/ never concentrating. Stay safe lovies xx